Pipe

Hunter1805

Dec 3, 2005
NY
Detector(s) used
E Track, Fisher 6a
Guys, I am still doing a happy dance about the pipe I found while digging a hole. I was in a field and had a signal and dug down looking for the metal and out comes the rarest pipe ever found "So I am told", a contact period Soapstone Pipe with letters on it. It has early colonial European letters on it most likely Jesuit contact around 1550-1650. I understand that No other pipe ever found has letters on it. It has a cross on the back, the letters H and S. We are looking for signers of treaties signed around then to help ID who the pipe was made for or the owners of the pipe. I then looked at the cross on the back and said if it was not a cross and it was a letter such as the letter I then it would read "" I H S "" as on top of the cross "In His Service" Folks I need to know what else you can tell me about it. and the value of such an item. I believe it has potential to be worth many thousands. Its face is that of a snapping turtle. Any private e-mails would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At Gators defense, he's only trying to help out this "greenie", and now that I know a little more, about the soap stone elbow pipe, I can say as well, nice find :)

;)....but seriously...didn't we already have this conversation?

Yes..
I never saw anything about the bucket ring in the other forum so I commented...
I didn't expect the responce I got so... well...you know me.
Nice find ..however you look at it.
H.H.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back