49.8 KB · Views: 355
  • pipe7.jpg
    pipe7.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 339
  • pipe8.jpg
    pipe8.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
That doesn't look at a battery core to me. Not sure what it is though, does look like it could be an artifact. Do you see striations on the inside from drilling? What's the material? What would you do for a klondike bar?

cant really see any drilling effects, very minute if any! it tapers in hole size from one end to the other, and if you stick your finger in either end it will leave a black ashy stain! I'm not sold on the battery core theory, but i'll accept it if proven! Not sure of the material in any way Neantherthal! thanks

I remeber when you posted that comparing it to one that I said was a battery core...not sure about yours, but I find stuff similiar here on a beach in Franklin county, Florida..there is a layer of black clay, that hardens around tree roots, & then the roots rot out. The water polishes the outside & it looks like an artifact, but isnt..

Yours does have the pipe look to it though

LOL,

We have the tree root stuff here too...I remember the first couple of times I came across it....really a let down.

If I found that here I would say its not a pipe, but things differ so much across the country it could be. I often find things like that here made out of iron ore or limonite. Natural things, but they sure look good at first glance. Its yours, you have to make the call on that one. Could easy go either way.

Atlantis

Newt said:
Looks like a tube pipe to me. Does it taper?
Newt
yes it tapers, but it looks like the hole size stays the same throughout! i did say in one post before that it looks like it was wrapped around a stick, hardened, then the inside removed. it weighs 47 grams, and feels like the weight is right!

i'd say artifact.send to western typology he'll tell you forsure.it would be worth it.

Thats a old post for sure.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back