Pink cameo, and a cast of less common finds

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pink Cameo 090724.jpgBack-lit 090724.jpg

Favorite find of the day was this beautiful cameo. Only the second cameo I have ever found. Have included a back-lit photo to show the translucence of the material. This shows that it is quality material, likely shell, as opposed to a cheap plastic knock-off (as if the corroded bezel wasn't enough).

Bag Seals 090724.jpg

Couple of lead bag seals. The one on the left is from the Michigan Central Railroad. It was found not too far from that line. I am assuming the other is also from the Michigan Central because of the 40 occurring on both seals, but I could be wrong.

Finds 090724.jpg

Couple other oddball but intriguing items include a brass picture hanger with a nice texture, and a couple marbles. The clay marble was the fun find of the day as it did not actually show up in the hunt. It popped out of the ground as I was planting a new rose bush in my flower bed!

Today's finds...

IHP, date unreadable
(2) Wheatback cents 1946, 1958-D
Pink cameo in brass setting
Brass picture hanger
(2) Lead bag seals, one marked with initials for Michigan Central Railroad
(2) Marbles, one clay, found in my rosebed

PBS

Upvote 20
Are those bag seals or railroad door seals?
Could very well be. Don't know how to distinguish between the two. Just always have called the lead seals bag seals.

PBS

View attachment 2167423View attachment 2167425

Favorite find of the day was this beautiful cameo. Only the second cameo I have ever found. Have included a back-lit photo to show the translucence of the material. This shows that it is quality material, likely shell, as opposed to a cheap plastic knock-off (as if the corroded bezel wasn't enough).

View attachment 2167426

Couple of lead bag seals. The one on the left is from the Michigan Central Railroad. It was found not too far from that line. I am assuming the other is also from the Michigan Central because of the 40 occurring on both seals, but I could be wrong.

View attachment 2167428

Couple other oddball but intriguing items include a brass picture hanger with a nice texture, and a couple marbles. The clay marble was the fun find of the day as it did not actually show up in the hunt. It popped out of the ground as I was planting a new rose bush in my flower bed!

Today's finds...

IHP, date unreadable
Brass picture hanger

PBS
beautiful cameo, and I've never seen a back lit photo like that. well done and thanks for posting

View attachment 2167423View attachment 2167425

View attachment 2167426

View attachment 2167428

Today's finds...

IHP, date unreadable
Brass picture hanger

PBS
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back