🥇 BANNER Pewter USA Buttons

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found two pewter USA buttons today in a field near 1/4 mile from the Indian village of Catherine`s Town wiped out by Gen. Sullivan in 1779, i think these buttons are period.
I also found a dropped three ringer,we don`t see many of these this far north .
Found a lot of beer cans and iron too.
Gary Picture 50.jpgPicture 51.jpgPicture 52.jpgPicture 53.jpgPicture 54.jpgPicture 55.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 80
Holy moly! Vino just told me over the phone so I had to see these things. Wow, they're amazing! Congrats on an amazing hunt
Scrappy
When you said George told you over the phone ....i knew my post had gone Global ! lol
Gary

hey Abe
Ya i pretty excited and pewter drunk !
Both buttons were 10"-12" down and crappy signals the T2 is a very good machine.
Gary
congratulations! I was going to ask you what you used to find them, but I saw where you used your T2. I agree I found some good uns' with the T2 and it gets real deep and they don't always sound good.

Congrats on the USA buttons...In my books all Rev War buttons should be on top...maybe I'm biased :laughing7:

!!! INDEED!! makes me wanna get out more on the suspected camps further up the Sullivan Trail, now that Spring has Finally sprung.-- on the second item, I had no idea three ringers were all tat rare up here-- I did pick up a dropped one of m friends lawn down in Elmira last spring--much to my surprise----some day we'll cross paths out there, Gary-- someday!

!!! INDEED!! makes me wanna get out more on the suspected camps further up the Sullivan Trail, now that Spring has Finally sprung.-- on the second item, I had no idea three ringers were all tat rare up here-- I did pick up a dropped one of m friends lawn down in Elmira last spring--much to my surprise----some day we'll cross paths out there, Gary-- someday!
Hi Prof
I would like to meet you too !
I have only found 3 three ringers in 46 years so they are rare for me anyhow.
Lead is all-way present in the fields i hunt,pounds of round balls,and modern bullets,but the three ringers are elusive to me.
I know of some big camps up Seneca Lake... Hand`s Brigade camped just north of Watkins
A prisoner of the Seneca...a Luke Sweat told of a cave near Lodi N.y. that he was kept in....you know of any cave up that way ?
Gary

Gary congrats man those are some killer history finds:headbang:

All the years you been doing this paid off.

~Blaze~

My my my Gary,I know that kinda,well,more than kinda got you going:laughing7: Super great find dude,not just one,but...TWO!:icon_thumleft:

GOD Bless

Chris

Gary that button is one BAD ASS avatar buddy! Love love love it

Great finds Gary! Have to get this new F75 out and do a hunt with you soon

Sure would like to dig one of those someday. Congrats.

OMGoodness look at those buttons. Wonderful pieces of history. Congratulations. Now I have to ask...Was my stand there holding your detector up when you found the buttons? That would almost make it seem like I was there when you found them. Once again congrats on finding those buttons.

Wow awesome find!!

BOOOM BABY!!!!!! That's what its all about good job!!! Thanks for the post!!! Tommy

Happy to see these incredible buttons again. Oh Gary these make me not like you very much....which is weird cause I really like you a lot lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back