longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thumbnail_IMG_0236.jpgthumbnail_IMG_0237.jpg

I found this in southeast Arkansas at a site where we have found old coins from 1926 back to 1906.. There was some type of structure, but don't know what ....... 1949 topo shows nothing there ...... Only reason we found the site is because there was an old road leading from the Mississippi River, west, in the mid 1800s..... the piece reads License .... 370..... Permit .......... the back looks to have had a shank or something to attach it with..... Thanks for any help.....

Maybe a really old fishing or hunting license.

Also just noticed what looks like a mold seem on the back? Normally on a button that dates it to early 1800's (from what I remember reading here...im no button expert)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I like the hack idea, especially if it had attachments on its back. It could just be placed on the wagon somewhere for licensing authorities to see.

Upvote 0
478DAF23-2592-454B-BD26-B7DB03E788E5.jpeg

Great job on your research that paid off!

Thanx for sharing

9434C37B-4FF9-491A-883B-E8EB7E6CD6EA.jpeg

Upvote 0
IMG_1708.jpg

These are items we found in the exact spot as the PERMIT,,,,,, last week I found a 1906 dime there too... this house or whatever was there is in a farm field ..... I would guess that the items were in an area no larger than 50 x 50 feet ........ small footprint.... 3 locks from the same small area ... I have hunted a lot of house sites in fields and never found 3 big locks in one spot ,,,, .... this PERMIT has me confused ... I think it dates to the 1920's , like the other stuff does ..... I sure hope some one can nail it !!!!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back