PAT'D JUNE 9[U]TH[/U], 1914

beepbleep

Oct 25, 2019
Jordan's Saline, Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at the old home site I'm looking around. It looks like some kind of cover to something. PAT'D JUNE 9TH, 1914 I'll soak it some and see if there's anything else under the grime. It is non-magnetic, looks like aluminum. Tabs on the back, creased at two places one about to break off.

Anyone got a clue what it is? 4 inches wide by 1.75 inches tall

DSC07605.JPG

DSC07607.JPG

edit to include size, thanks.

Last edited:
That is a spout for a salt box or other container. Fold the two sides/wings up and you will see the spout.

Upvote 0
If all else fails find out what was PAT'D JUNE 9TH, 1914. It should be off one of those thing(s).

Upvote 0
Great ID! My hat's off to you Tony in SC! And nice follow-up Jeff! I'm constantly amazed by the IDs on this site.

Upvote 0
"This is a container for T N T Popcorn (Tender Nutritious Tasty) put out by Barteldes Seed Co. of Lawrence, Kansas and Denver. Somebody enjoyed the contents a long time ago! The container (cardboard) is 5 1/4" x 2 1/4" and as you can see in the second picture the top lid--check out that fuse--comes off to the reveal the metal pour spout. The spout has "Pat'd June 9th, 1914" on it. The front of the box is really in good condition with some color fading of course. The back side states that popcorn is good with milk and sugar (I have heard people mention that is what they used to have for Sunday night supper) and gives directions for two ways of popping--corn popper or heavy aluminum or iron skillet."

popcorn.jpg

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back