PAST 4 DAYS OF FINDS!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't posted in a week or so because I've been hitting it hard here in MI now that the cold/snow has all gone! Below is the past 4 days diggin in various lots, schools, and 2 water hunts in 2 different lakes!

Contents:

Shell casings,
clad coins,
Keys,
toys,
silver plated spoon
knapsack rings,
Boy-scout type buckel
Old spray hose nozzel
shot-gun shell top
a few wheat pennies
Brass pen top
Brass whistle
1 spoon lure
1 Roman bleach bottle top
Some "I don't knows"

and

3 rings!

1 - .925 silver mans rope ring
1 - 10kt gold ladies with 4 diamond chips and amethyst stone (both found in the fridged waters of lake MI - temp = 38 degrees)!

and

1 - 14kt gold band found in a small in-land lake = nut! ;D?

HH all,

Lonewolfe

P.S.

Machines used = DFX on land,
CZ20 at in-land lake,
Ex-cal 1000 in lake MI

Attachments

• 2DAYSDETECTINGmore 002.jpg
    2DAYSDETECTINGmore 002.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 470
  • 2DAYSDETECTING 004.jpg
    2DAYSDETECTING 004.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
That is SWEET LoneWolf. Nice Four day haul. I really admire you man. Gettin in to 32 degree water is a trip. Living in Florida softens ya up. I have become a wimp. :'( If the damn water or surf temp isnt 76F I aint goin. LOL Anyway nice finds again. HH

hey LW, i figured you were hunting the swimming areas where most folks don't swim out over there head much. and i was trying to figure out what is the most practicle way to go about doing it, scuba just seems like it would be too cumbersome along with it's other limitations.

i used to colllect hundreds of sand dollars as a kid, snorkeling and using a raft or surfboard to hang onto and hold them all, ( though i usually gave them all away to the tourists when i came in :'( ), it seemed to work quite well and i was thinking it may be the way to go doing shallow water MD hunting. of course a bouyant and secure finds bag would be required. more than a few times i'd be down picking a couple off the bottom only to have a wave send a shower of them off the side of the raft :( . now that i think about it, it probably would have looked pretty comical, me trying to catch as many of them as i could while swimming back up for air, i probably looked like the cat in the cartoons catching dinner plates ;D .

Pat.

lobsterman said:
hey LW, i figured you were hunting the swimming areas where most folks don't swim out over there head much. and i was trying to figure out what is the most practicle way to go about doing it, scuba just seems like it would be too cumbersome along with it's other limitations.

I tried scuba and detecting at the same time a couple times and "cumbersome" is an understatement!!

It may "look" easy, and it may actually be a little easier in warm waters in the south but, here in the cold waters with all the gear you must wear + the detector, and your scoop-- it's MORE than a pain in the you know what.

You can barely move with all the gear on, and then to have your hands full with the detector & scoop while trying to swim, detect, dig, etc. all while maintaining everything you need to do while scuba diving is NOT at all easy.

A hooka system would be easier allowing you to work faster & be more productive!

HH all, and thanks to everyone again,

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back