Gas Rebate $1.14

DSCF0001(1).JPG

Spent Greenie Looked like 1918 Till I Over Cleaned

Now I'm only Sure it's 19 Something
DSCF00023.JPGDSCF0026.JPG

and a 1916 greenie

DSCF0015(1).JPGDSCF0019.JPG

Upvote 28
Nice, never know what you will find in those places.

My compadre and me usually hit the state fairgrounds carnival. This year a different carnival was there. We usually make about $10.00 a day in clad...this year, nada. We kept thinkin' someone else was beating us to the draw. One old guy we ran into said the same thing. Finally figured it out. Most of our hits were "zincolns," so someone was cherry pickin'. Carnival doesn't open until 10:00 a.m., so this bunch of "carnys" finally got smart and bought themselves a metal detector. I hope they don't come back!

The guy that operates the "Zipper," said he could have used a hard hat there was so much change being slung off at him.:laughing7:

Looks like a lot of ground to cover Jeff, how old is the church? Like those green wheaties! Don't sweat fouling the 19? wheat, I did worse to my first ever Indian! Was all excited about digging it and wanted to know if I had actually ventured into the 1800's, and tossed the tooth brush in favor of the wire brush...oops. Rookie mistake lol. Great pics, thx for sharing, Ddf.

Great post to me the fun of the hunt is what you might find as much as what you do find. It takes a certaian kind of person to love this hobby and understand why we do what we do. You have great photograpy skills as well. Glad you got out nice grennie shes a meannie. Tommy

I have good luck saving greenies by putting them in a shallow bowl of microwave heated hydrogen peroxide. When they stop bubbling, remove and rub lightly with baking soda. Rinse and coat lightly with olive oil.

My compadre and me usually hit the state fairgrounds carnival. This year a different carnival was there. We usually make about $10.00 a day in clad...this year, nada. We kept thinkin' someone else was beating us to the draw. One old guy we ran into said the same thing. Finally figured it out. Most of our hits were "zincolns," so someone was cherry pickin'. Carnival doesn't open until 10:00 a.m., so this bunch of "carnys" finally got smart and bought themselves a metal detector. I hope they don't come back!

The guy that operates the "Zipper," said he could have used a hard hat there was so much change being slung off at him.:laughing7:

The Carnies around here Have been detecting their setups Since the 70's.
It gets Tuff.

Fair just ended about a week ago here, as fast as they Cleared out,
The Mud sale people started bringing their Auctionable Junk in to set up.
I believe next will be a Craft Fair on site.
Probably won't hit the Fairgrounds for at least another week

Last edited:
Looks like a lot of ground to cover Jeff, how old is the church? Like those green wheaties! Don't sweat fouling the 19? wheat, I did worse to my first ever Indian! Was all excited about digging it and wanted to know if I had actually ventured into the 1800's, and tossed the tooth brush in favor of the wire brush...oops. Rookie mistake lol. Great pics, thx for sharing, Ddf.

Church is listed as 1886 , But I've found 2 Cent Pieces in the Area.

Pillow celebrated 200 years of history on September 28, 29 and 30, 2018.
[h=2] Bicentennial
​1818 to 2018
[/h]
https://www.pillowpa.org/index.html

Last edited:
Better next time Jeff,
My worst day of treasure hunting was way way better than my best day at work!
Beautiful scenery!

I really like your photos of the location you are detecting in all your posts.

Nice finds.. I'm waiting for you to get on a roll of Walker halfs..

Looks like a very idyllic setting to detect in Jeff, it also looks like nobody was around to bug you either. :thumbsup:
It's probably been pounded by others for years, but no site's ever hunted out.

Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back