Only dug 5 good targets today, Im still happy.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only dug 5 good targets today, I'm still happy.

Sometimes we just need to go walking around an old happy place. I needed that today.
So, I took a short walk around the "mansion". Finds are very few and far between there. But, just being there
gives me a wonderful feeling. There is just SO much history there!!

2014 (452).jpg
2014 (453).jpg

I like finding these little plumbing pieces. After who
knows how long under ground and they clean up
and work! :)

2014 (454).jpg
2014 (455).jpg
2014 (456).jpg
2014 (457).jpg

Funny, these strange shaped pieces of metal
we find. Strange shaped until we figure out what
they were. ;)

2014 (458).jpg2014 (459).jpg

Got this trashed button but at least I have an idea about the time frame.
I can make out on the back, "WATERBURY SCOVILL MFG CO" :)

2014 (460).jpg2014 (461).jpg

Then, as God already knew I needed a lift, this rang up as 84 and deep. One of
those pretty, mellow, repeatable tones. The kind one just stands there and
runs the detector back and forth and back and forth and back and forth. Just to
live with it for a while, ya know? LOL

Above is what I started with, (I didn't really care if it would clean up, my day was made! I said a lil thank you prayer).

2014 (462).jpg

My very first holed coin! :)

2014 (463).jpg
2014 (464).jpg
2014 (465).jpg

Yeah, my day was made. Ahhhhh..... :)

I 'd have loved to seen this coin when it went into the dirt. I just bet it was
beautiful! Still see soooo much detail even after all it's been through!

I "might" try just a minor bit of finishing up, but pretty much, this is the way it's gonna stay now.

Thanks for taking a moment to peek!

Upvote 14
Hello WHADIFIND. Nice finds especially the LC! Still looking for my 2nd one. BTW the odd piece of metal is the "gate" from a gate valve. Good luck and thanks for posting your fab five. C9

Yea, I know that sound ! Back and forth brings a smile to your face. Sometime you just got to get away an clear your head.

Nice finds, WHADIFIND- that's the first coin I've seen holed in the middle-I know what you mean about going back over and over to that special place-even
when you don't expect to find much if anything- but still they can give us a surprise for our loyalty, right?

Congrats on the lc!, I love holed coins, adds a story ya know?

Very nice old copper. I am glad you could get out. Seems your spot still wants you to come back!:coffee2:

Congrats on the lc!, I love holed coins, adds a story ya know?

Certainly added one to this find. I just knew I had an old copper when I first saw it laying there. Left the dirt on it
alone and waited til later.

But, when I started cleaning and noticed a hole in the middle I was taken aback. I thought oh no! This aint some cog in
a machine is it?? Then, I figured out the hole but the center had me puzzled too. I thought, well, maybe, somebody
used this poor ole penny as a washer to fix something back then. Didn't seem likely though.

The United States was less than 50 years old and this coin looks almost brand new, judging by the detail. I wouldn't figure anyone
would waste a WHOLE penny back then, let alone a brand new one! (Unless, he had lots and lots of pennies and didn't care. ;) )

In any case, it's in my collection now and will remain proudly displayed as long as I have it. :)

Thanks!

Very nice old copper. I am glad you could get out. Seems your spot still wants you to come back!:coffee2:

Pretty nearly the oldest United States copper I've found. Can't go too far back from there and it still be the U.S. ;)

Yeah, this place just simply charges my batteries. I really love walking around there!

Thanks!

Nice finds, WHADIFIND- that's the first coin I've seen holed in the middle-I know what you mean about going back over and over to that special place-even when you don't expect to find much if anything- but still they can give us a surprise for our loyalty, right?

The center sort of through me too. But, I've had to real experience with a holed coin.

I don't know about the "loyalty" angle of it, but I do know that I feel a bit transformed when
I go there. It's an old place and very easy to imagine that you're walking around a couple
hundred years ago. Stop, look up and there's the old mansion, the ancient trees, expansive
"front yard". Barns, corrals, etc, etc, etc. Just a WONDERFUL experience.

The finds are rare there now but one NEVER feels without hope while there. A surprise could
turn up at anytime at all! Why, even the trashed button was a treasure! LOL

Thanks!

Yea, I know that sound ! Back and forth brings a smile to your face. Sometime you just got to get away an clear your head.

Back and forth back and forth and no hurry to the doing so either! You know the sound. LOL

Thanks!

I love how in love you are with the hobby. For me it's puppy love. Those first stages where my heart beats faster and my palms get a little sweaty. And I find myself holding my breath. But then I uncover that piece of can slaw I was hoping was my first silver coin larger then a quarter and I go back to normal.....LOL

Congratulations on the holed coin. That is a great find.

I do believe Blingie is liking coins now! He's really eying that LC! Those are some nice finds! Congrats!
I haven 't found a holed coin,...yet.

I think detecting is our ahhh moment in life, where we can step back in time, when things rolled by at a slower pace. There is truly something magical about it.

We have all run the detector back and forth over a target just listening to the sound because we know exactly what it is, almost like we are trying to read the date by sound alone!

I love finding old tools and things and getting them to work again, much better quality than what's sold now days, I even use the washers and nuts and bolts I find! :dontknow: :laughing7:
I would rather find those than zincs!

It's nice the old mansion is still giving you surprises! It's like going to see an old friend and having a long talk, you come away feeling better, and refreshed! I am glad you have one of those special places to go.

I do believe Blingie is liking coins now! He's really eying that LC! Those are some nice finds! Congrats!
I haven 't found a holed coin,...yet.

I think detecting is our ahhh moment in life, where we can step back in time, when things rolled by at a slower pace. There is truly something magical about it.

We have all run the detector back and forth over a target just listening to the sound because we know exactly what it is, almost like we are trying to read the date by sound alone!

I love finding old tools and things and getting them to work again, much better quality than what's sold now days, I even use the washers and nuts and bolts I find! :dontknow: :laughing7:
I would rather find those than zincs!

It's nice the old mansion is still giving you surprises! It's like going to see an old friend and having a long talk, you come away feeling better, and refreshed! I am glad you have one of those special places to go.

It's more than nice. I truly feel blessed to have as nice a place to hunt as this, after almost half a century. It's truly becoming a lifesaver.
If I had special ordered a place to spend my old age hunting, I couldn't have come up with one this perfect. Yeah, blessed.

Thanks!

It's more than nice. I truly feel blessed to have as nice a place to hunt as this, after almost half a century. It's truly becoming a lifesaver.
If I had special ordered a place to spend my old age hunting, I couldn't have come up with one this perfect. Yeah, blessed.

Thanks!

Sure hope for your sake, WHADIFIND, that the old mansion never gets demo'd for a new development.God forbid!

Sure hope for your sake, WHADIFIND, that the old mansion never gets demo'd for a new development.God forbid!

Can't get me to worrying about such. For, you see, I have ALREADY had this mansion for a solid two years. The memories alone would last the rest of my life. 'Sides, I learned a long time ago that there is little to be gained by worrying about "what ifs". ;)

Can't get me to worrying about such. For, you see, I have ALREADY had this mansion for a solid two years. The memories alone would last the rest of my life. 'Sides, I learned a long time ago that there is little to be gained by worrying about "what ifs". ;)

'Bout all you'll gain is an ulcer, more grey hairs or a bigger bald spot, lol.

'Bout all you'll gain is an ulcer, more grey hairs or a bigger bald spot, lol.

I need to pick and choose my battles nowadays. What if's? Not one I'm going to pursue. LOL

Welp, that's about as far as I can restore.

She's not as beautiful as she once was, she's had a rough life. But, now
she can rest in honor.

2014 (466).jpg2014 (467).jpg

A nice memory. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back