cheffer

Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back to a most bizarre old road near the ski slope where I've now picked up a total of seventeen Indian Head pennies (nine more this morning).

IMG_1351.JPG

Dates range from 1866 through 1906, but most of them in a tight span of 1890s to early 1900s. Not quite sure what was happening here, no other find except modern trash. Anyone else come across areas like this? Seems strange to me...

Happy hunting!

Steve

Last edited:
Upvote 35
Just Mass being Mass! Awesome amount of Indians- Congrats!

-- Jeff --

Crazy digs man!:headbang: Perhaps the traveling Snake Oil Salesman sold them some "bad" fire water and they all succumbed to it kinda' like Jonestown?:icon_scratch::tongue3: However they got there good on you for gathering up a quick hoard of way cool green coppers.:icon_salut:

great bieber shlieber, I love indians and have only found one

You'd have to try to find the history of the place to figure out the use of the land back in the day.
Possibly fill dirt, in which case you'll never know.

Nice spot you got there.
Keep em coming

was it a spot that attracted people back in the day.. some sort of natural recreational spot...I've been working modern one and it's paying off big time...awesome haul....just amazing.

never argue with success, especially when it involves awesome finds. the imagination can run wild but we will never really know why or how come. congrats on the sweet finds

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back