One Last Shot - 1765 Spanish Silver!; Pewter Rosette? with Crown

Hunthicks

Oct 22, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's forecast wasn't the best, lots of wind and chance of rain - but I knew it would likely be the last dig of the year so after I had the oil changed in my Jeep at 7:30 this morning, I decided to head out.
Went to the bean field I hit with Patriot on Sunday, and this time I narrowed the site down. I was sinking 3 - 6 inches in the mud after the heavy rain yesterday, but it was better than the frozen ground from Sunday!
Hit the 1765 2 real as I was walking back to the car to check my cell phone, and started gridding off the area. Quickly came up with the shoe buckle and the pewter crown rosette or whatever it is! spent about 4 hours there total, and it'll be the first spot hit in the spring I'm sure!
IMG_2279.JPG
IMG_2280.JPG
IMG_2276.JPG
IMG_2277.JPG
IMG_2278.JPG
IMG_2274.JPG
IMG_2275.JPG

Upvote 18
That Spanish is in great shape...the Crown Rosette is neat! Hope there are military button there as well... Glad you could make it out one more time!

Yup, glad I could end the year off right! Too bad you had to work, I'm sure there was lots more to find there, but hey, it'll still be there in the spring!
That Spanish is in great shape...the Crown Rosette is neat! Hope there are military button there as well... Glad you could make it out one more time!

That 2 reale is in great shape! I just want to find one period! Nice finds!

Very nice assortment of early relics. Love that 2 reale, but am very curious about that pewter item with the crown. Hope someone can positively ID it.

Those are great finds. Good looking reale. Not sure if I could wait till spring. Good luck with that.

You've saved the best for last.....hunt that is. Congrats on ending the year with such great finds. Looking forward to seeing what spring gives you now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Now that's a sweet way of ending the season off, a very nice piece of silver like that to keep the detecting fires burning till spring.

Last edited:
Very nice assortment of early relics. Love that 2 reale, but am very curious about that pewter item with the crown. Hope someone can positively ID it.

I'm hoping someone can - I've seen a few similar crowns that are unattached to anything that are listed as rev war items, and rev war loyalist buttons have been found about 1 KM away along the same little creek and about a KM away across the creek. This piece is pewter attached to a tin or brass backing, and the post where it was attached in the rear fell off, but I have it in my pouch somewhere. And it doesn't have the same design as most rosettes I've found(I found another one on this hunt!)

Those are great finds. Good looking reale. Not sure if I could wait till spring. Good luck with that.
The ground will likely be solid after tonight, all that moisture in the ground and temps going down to -9 Celsius and fairly high winds. But I'll be ready if it thaws!

Congrats on great relic finds and Real sharp looking 2 Reale, nice end of season finds!

That 2 real is a blazer...hope you get an ID on that crown...I like that buckle as well...great bunch of finds..Congrats

Holy crap, 2 reales to finish off the season! Way to go HH! :)

That rosette has to be be something special. I'll be waiting for an ID. :icon_thumleft:

Holy crap, 2 reales to finish off the season! Way to go HH! :)

That rosette has to be be something special. I'll be waiting for an ID. :icon_thumleft:

Hoping to find one, but nothing yet!

Those are great finds, all of them, congrats!

Nice finds, we don't see to many of the Spanish silvers up here in Detroit.

BRAVO.......take a Bow Hunthicks, you deserve it. That is a wonderful looking 2 Reale coin, what a way to end a year up. The only problem I see with rounding up a year with such a great find is it may drive you crazy waiting for spring to come, just keep telling yourself that they have been in the ground for over 200 years and aren't about to go anywhere soon. In saying that, lets hope for a nice warming trend over the next week or two so you can have your encore.
Happy Hunting,
ZDD

Well if that is the end it's a great way to finish the year! I have a feeling that you'll be back out again though!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back