Omni-Jet

Put on at least 15' of hose to test for reality sake. Then you don't lug it all out to the boonies,setup and get madder than a x wife because of wimpy suction. Seen it a dozen times and most distressing-John

Ok I'm starting right behind ya omni, with the g-jet I'm using some scraps I have around starting with a old 02 bottle I cut the top off and I'm going to chuck it up in a lathe and clean it up and use it for the housing ! While it's heavy when I get done playing on the lathe I'll cut a bunch of weight off ... Plus the top is very thick so it will allow me to machine the inside to the proper angle for the jet .. It will be very simlar to the gold diver circle jet ... Thnk I'm gona build one just like yours also.. So let me know how your test works ...off the back I'm gona weld a piece of plate and cut the hole in with the lathe to keep it squared up . An weld a flange for the pipe to slide in .. I'll weld some stainless all thread to adjustment and use a rubber boot to seal it up back there.
Hopefully it doesn't weight more than 150 lbs. lol

Attachments

• image-3497404328.jpg
    image-3497404328.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 76
  • image-79672842.jpg
    image-79672842.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 69
  • image-4045913901.jpg
    image-4045913901.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Sorry man I have busy from the word go this morning. I missed your post. Other then weight it should work out. Are those bottles not aluminum?

Should be a good project for you G. I'm still waiting to get out and test my jet. My bud got sick this last weekend and now I'm getting sick. I guess that's what I get for working in the cold rain!

Ok, so we tested the jet today...
First vid is his quad-jet...

Running with my Omni-Jet. That's Buddy working on his mixer chamber.

You tell me from the videos which has more water flow. I feel that the Omni-jet had more suction but Buddy says the two are close but his had a tad bit more...IDK

Unless ya get something to measure the suction ya wont know exactly .. But we At least know it works.. And i guess john was right then; if you can see ZERO gain over the quad. .

Last edited:
When I get my dredge done, then I'm going to use his jet and my jet with a vacuum gage and a more in-depth comparison.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back