Oldest Coin Yet (1700) and other colonial treasures from the Beach!

X-Splenda

Sep 15, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra
it was 21 degrees with a windchill in the teen's. spent 5 hours.Had One of my best days at the Beach! found a 1700 HalfPenny at the Beach the last place i would excpect it! and 2 others.
1723 Farthing! My 2nd Farthing! My 3rd halfPenny is a 1727 HalfPenny! also a silver nickel. a 1914 Barber Quarter. And Finally a gold Ring! 14K. Also found 3 Musket Bullets. And a Mold of some sort. Can you Help me with that it's the Last Picture. Thanks-
n3r878.jpg

2sbww8l.jpg

2cr3ng3.jpg

2vv0xn9.jpg

2mgl5kk.jpg

axodjb.jpg

o0uiky.jpg

10gbewx.jpg

2qb5dfl.jpg

wlpwnm.jpg

2cqzc7r.jpg

2cqzc7r.jpg

kn9yh.jpg

2zs3ead.jpg

azgb5w.jpg

wbqeqb.jpg

Upvote 0
Like the Hibernia! :thumbsup: (still waiting for one)

...but you should take a closer look at the "1727" Does the bust face left or right? If it's the real crusty one then it's corrosion that's making it look like 27.

Nice finds :icon_thumleft: for a beach old to, how can you even see the date on that 1727? :dontknow: was it a salt water beach or a fresh water lake beach ?

salt water! salt water kills the coins bad.
i wish i found these in the dirt!

Nice oldies once again :thumbsup: I'm surprised there aren't more being posted from your area if youre finding them on the beach

Nice hunt, that salt is sure a killer.

Very nice finds for a cold days hunt. Sometimes getting out there in the cold pays off with those little extra goodies 8)

X-Splenda said:
salt water! salt water kills the coins bad.
i wish i found these in the dirt!
Salt water yup coins here where iam are lucky to last 20 years let alone 300 + (hunt that beach really good) those ole Nor-Easters on the New England coast tore up a lot of old ships back in the 1700.s

You are hard core to be out in that kind of weather . Congrats on some nice finds.
Dman

Last picture - late Georgian Horse Boss (rosette) - a nice one as well :icon_thumright:

CRUSADER- What were they used for?
and what is the time period they were used

X-Splenda said:
CRUSADER- What were they used for?
and what is the time period they were used

circa 1800, horse furniture/decoration

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back