Oldest Buckle...found on a soccer field.. date?

TheGreatNorth

Sep 6, 2015
Southern Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATGOLD w/every coil..
GArrett ACE250
Garrett Pinpointer
CTX3030 mostly
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So... I keep going to this modern soccer field because the finds keep astonishing me. I’ve got old 1850s buttons, silver coins, iron relics.. and now this buckle. It was all of 10” deep but still rang up solid on the CTX.

I’ve never found one like this, but have seen others post them. Any idea of the date? I know there are homes in the area from early 1700s, and I assume it must have just been a field at one time.

And, I have been taking my youngest son with...and he seems to be my lucky charm. Never been skunked with him, NEVER. We can go to a site I’ve pounded 100 times but somehow the finds materialize...

Thanks for looking and any help on the date would be appreciated. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510168679.825062.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510168693.163123.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510168720.428386.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1510168735.975072.jpg

Upvote 13
kids handling that big ctx like a beast!

kids handling that big ctx like a beast!

Haha, he can swing it around pretty good. I throw change out in the backyard and let him go wild!

He looks like a professional hunter already! Nice early buckle, congratulations!

Yep. Tongue and chape to an old colonial era buckle. Great find. The future detectorist looks very excited about it. Congrats!

Awesome tongue and chape from a late 18th century shoe buckle! I only have ever found one like yours, they are super rare! Cooler than the frame in my opinion, unless the frame is silver! You never know what you will find on these soccer fields, my first ever old find was a very old musketball on a 1970's soccer field back in April 2013. Congrats!

Last edited:
Awesome hunt with your boy, one day he will be showing off his stash of colonial artifacts to everyone on here, leaving us all behind in the dust. I hope you guys have fun out there, and good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back