✅ SOLVED Old Tomahawk and Pin(?) Identification

Ceredox

Sep 21, 2015
MA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-6a, Troy Shadow X2, White's Coinmaster 6000D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My father found this tomahawk detecting at a very old foundation at a state park in CT about 15 years ago. I always found it fascinating. Does anyone have any insight on how old it could be? The cellar hole looked 18th / 19th century. Could it possibly be later native American?

Second Picture is a pin or tack type object that was found while detecting on our town common in Massachusetts. It has a marking that almost looks masonic but i don't think it is. It seems to have either "IC co." or "CI co." on it. It has a seam across it so it looks like it was molded and not hand made. Not sure what kind of metal it is. Its not magnetic. Possibly nickel or brass. Anyone happen to have any info on these items?

Thanks,
Josh IMG_2572.JPGIMG_2573.JPGIMG_2581.JPGIMG_2583.JPG

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0
Here's a precious post about those: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/237281-solved-carters-mucilage-cap.html
Oops, that was supposed to say Previous post, but Bramblefind's research is always precious!

THATS IT! My father found this before i was even born and has never been able to identify it. It has always been a mystery to us. Sadly, he is no longer with us and it's killing me that i can tell him about it now. He took the mystery to his grave. Thank you so much for the help!

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back