✅ SOLVED ??Old sliding wood window???

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have this old sliding retractable window, and i am wondering what it would have been used for, it is 20 inches x about 8 inches pushed all in and about 33 inches fully extended, it has dove tail notches on either short ends with what looks like screw holes to permanently hold it in place wherever it was held, so it looks like it was built to be retractable but also meant to permanently stay in place which really confuses me, maybe it was built for something with a frame that slides with the window, or something that comes in various sizes and would fit all the sizes :dontknow:, it isn't very decorative or of any notable quality like old wood house windows but i really love old wooden windows and always love to learn more about them so any in information on this window or any websites about old wooden windows would be appreciated thanks,

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 75
the back sliding door to a large showcase that a friend has in her Antiques shop looks very similar. It allows you to see thru, but also not touch any thing while unattended.

Upvote 0
thank you for the information on that, i don't think i weill ever be able to figure out what it exactly came from but i think that is the best answer i'v heard, thank you

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back