OLD SILVER RING

Conito@55

Jun 1, 2024
Detector(s) used
The Legend
Surprise from yesterday. I found this ring, it seems to be handmade with a piece of silver.
20240812_171544.jpg
20240812_171813.jpg

Upvote 24
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved ya from GENERAL DISCUSSION over to TODAY'S FINDS! for more exposure.
tn_notice.gif
NOTE: Forum GENERAL DISCUSSION contains a wide variety of topics, including, treasure hunting, metal detecting, prospecting, relic hunting - even antique hunting. A great place to meet other treasure hunters!

I believe it's made from a coin.
I can see the line where it melded together.
It's also crazy busy with lines and squiggles, almost like ghost printing in the mix.
Screenshot_20240813_215228_Chrome.jpg

Your ring may have been made by a soldier in France during WWI. My grandpa wore one he made from a French coin he told me. If I remember right he told me he began pounding the rim of the coin with a spoon to make the ring. His was quite worn out the last I saw it and he always had it on that I remember and maybe he still has in on his finger today buried in the ground. He was great man in my mind that was very instrumental in my upbringing especially in the ways of perseverance. I have his helmet and he told me many stories of what it was like fighting the krauts from the trenches with fears of mustard gas. He said this exploding projectile in the image is the kind he would fire at the German machine gun nests. He said the small canon that fired these shells he would take it down and pack it on the back of a mule during the mobilization of it.

Attachments

• grandpa young (1).jpg
    grandpa young (1).jpg
    399.2 KB · Views: 10
  • grandpa 2 old (1).jpg
    grandpa 2 old (1).jpg
    497 KB · Views: 10
  • grandpa 3 helmet.jpg
    grandpa 3 helmet.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Beautiful recovery