Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2012
USA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a school that was built in the early 30's and decided to give it a shot last week. The first hour I spent close to the school and didn't have any luck at all. I decided to hunt the field down below the school and right away I started digging silver and wheaties. I have put in around 10 hours of hunting in 4 different hunts and have found 12 silver coins, 9 Buffalo nickels and around 50 wheaties. The oldest silver is a 1904 O Barber Quarter & 1911 Barber dime. I also pulled the top half of a nice gold ring, a neat trade token and a Infantry pin that was issued from 1910-1927. It's been a lot of fun hunting this spot but the signals are thinning out. I'm going to spend some time closer to the school with a smaller coil to see if I can find any keepers hidden amongst the trash. HH David

image-3000596732.jpg image-1982458232.jpg

image-2469362694.jpg image-2619370208.jpg

image-3541649489.jpg image-3889361077.jpg

image-414761917.jpg image-26929480.jpg

image-1937864159.jpg image-1638375845.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 17
Very nice finds, hope you find a bunch more, is the old school still in operation??

Amazing finds! What a great haul!

Great bunch of finds !

Very nice finds, hope you find a bunch more, is the old school still in operation??

Thanks! It's no longer used as a school. But it is used by the community.

Great location and finds! I've noticed the same thing at some spots too, close to the building it seems to have been picked over, but the other nearby grassy areas got overlooked and are full of finds.

Great location and finds! I've noticed the same thing at some spots too, close to the building it seems to have been picked over, but the other nearby grassy areas got overlooked and are full of finds.

Yeah it pays to search around the outer edges and open areas. I have also been doing pretty well in old gravel driveways since it's so hard to get through most folks will skip it.

Your finds attest...worth every second of digging time...just beautiful! :thumbsup:

Really nice haul! Congrats!

I find the same situation here the closer to the building the less good finds and more trash. The field I am searching I think maybe where they dump the plowed snow.

Now that would be one of my favorite sites. An amazing amount of good coins with nice jewelry thrown in for good measure! Good luck on the area around the school.

Nice bunch of finds ..Ive had the same luck around the old school sites I search seems like a lot of activity was away from the building ..perhaps a ball field..

Very nice finds. Congrats. The Barber quarter makes me drool...

Fantastic coins, rings, and relics. I'm sure you are very pleased with all those great finds.

What's on the "business side" of that trade token???
John in the Great 208

What's on the "business side" of that trade token???
John in the Great 208

Hey John the business side of the trade token has the store name and the town it's in. It's a local token and it's is also where I'm hunting and didn't want to share that info :laughing7:

Excellent old site there - Yeah sometimes the far perimeter of those fields get missed too - get low to the ground under hedges and bushes ,
they likely weren't there decades ago .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back