✅ SOLVED Old revolver

yardbird

Apr 14, 2013
Goldendale, Washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our family tore down my grandparent's farmhouse. The house was built in 1888. My aunt was working the ground where the house had been in order to plant grass, and at about 3" down she dug up a very rusted single action revolver. We plan on mounting it on a wall plaque, and are trying to find out more about it. It is deteriorated to the point that no identifying marks or numbers can be found. I used the back side of drill bits in order to get a rough estimate of the caliber. The cylinder bores allow a 5/16 bit to fit snug. The barrel bore would only allow a 19/64 bit to fit. (Of course the rust makes these measurements "just close") The overall length is 6 3/8". The barrel is octagon and is 2 3/8" long, measured from in front of the cylinder to the end. We are trying to find out what brand it is. No one we've shown it to recognizes it. I've included a couple of pictures. Thanks guys. Great site!

Attachments

• DSC_0740.JPG
    DSC_0740.JPG
    893.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_0746.JPG
    DSC_0746.JPG
    597.4 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 0
Thanks for the quick research!! Looks like Kieth-TX nailed it. We will now be able to make the plaque and identify the old girl. We will always wonder what kind of stories it could tell. Thanks again, and may God bless America.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back