OLD LOT STILL HOT--2 for 2 dig--CHECK THE PICS

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Went back this mornin to the bottle bank.At the same ole site I love-- Last night I checked E-bay for my bottle prices, and Mondays dig totals about $100 worth of glass!! Showed up to a horrific scene.... 5 guys were diggin like dogs in MY dump!!The contractor had told some friends of his that collect bottles, that he and I had found a old dump.Well the cats outta da bag!! I went to see what they had found and to make this less painful for me, I'll tell ya the highlights,a 4 log Drakes Plantation Bitters(appox. $150) Giacomini & Bros. Whiskey, Ferndale Ca($200-300+) Eureka Eagle Soda, cobalt blob-top(books say $50-here much more) and OVER 30 other bottles that I WAS SUPPOSE TO dig.I told them "cool finds" and with a forced grin said "who likes bottles anyway"!! I was feelin pretty bad till I realized- Hey the lots been cleared more!!!I'll find some stuff they cant!!! Grabbin my detector I started a pattern. But my thoughts were like a selfish kid.THOSE BOTTLES ARE MINE. ALLLLL MINE- WHAAA- sob sob- IM TELLIN!!!A good signal broke me outta the madness. A cap gun-"They aint got one of these" I thought. Well I was makin myself miserable till the next good find- A cruxcifix knife?? What the??....OK OK--GOD--I dont HATE the bottle diggers! Slowly, for the next 2 hours the goodies thats I recovered, melted my desire to give the diggers a "dirt nap". And with the first ring(tiny Sterling) from here, I was back to the joy of recovering the multitude of relics from this site!! Diggin IS therapeutic.Toys,buckles coins,tokens,marbles,buttons,model T key, a teeny brass bell,.44 cal ball were the answer to my disappointment to the loss of the bottles.After diggin the "California" buckle I could of cared less about some old damn bottles!! When I left I didn't even go see what else they had found,for I had learned a tough lesson this day- SHARING--resurector.
Oh Yea--Anybody out there know anything about the California buckle?? Please respond if ya do

Attachments

• all finds.jpg
    all finds.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 614
  • buckle frnt.jpg
    buckle frnt.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 607
  • car knif.jpg
    car knif.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 615
  • buckle bac.jpg
    buckle bac.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0
Floater-Dano--
? ?Thanks for the responses,I thought the cylinder was from a real gun too, but cleanin it I noticed the back of it ,where you insert the cartridges, theres no hole, its solid.( check last pic) This must be from a Very realistic old toy!! Also the buckle isn't very big,in fact its quite small. And the hook is weird being a flat style like its suppose to hook to a wire bail or somepin?? Any idea??Thanks fellas- HH...Resurector

Attachments

• buckle frt 2.jpg
    buckle frt 2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 298
  • buck  b 2.jpg
    buck b 2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 289
Great lesson learned.... and those are some great finds!

Nana ;)

any hole at all in cylinder ? if there is small holes to screw in nipples , it is for muzzleloader. is it steel ? ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back