OLD LOT STILL HOT--2 for 2 dig--CHECK THE PICS

resurector

Mar 11, 2005
Hills near Eureka,Ca
Went back this mornin to the bottle bank.At the same ole site I love-- Last night I checked E-bay for my bottle prices, and Mondays dig totals about $100 worth of glass!! Showed up to a horrific scene.... 5 guys were diggin like dogs in MY dump!!The contractor had told some friends of his that collect bottles, that he and I had found a old dump.Well the cats outta da bag!! I went to see what they had found and to make this less painful for me, I'll tell ya the highlights,a 4 log Drakes Plantation Bitters(appox. $150) Giacomini & Bros. Whiskey, Ferndale Ca($200-300+) Eureka Eagle Soda, cobalt blob-top(books say $50-here much more) and OVER 30 other bottles that I WAS SUPPOSE TO dig.I told them "cool finds" and with a forced grin said "who likes bottles anyway"!! I was feelin pretty bad till I realized- Hey the lots been cleared more!!!I'll find some stuff they cant!!! Grabbin my detector I started a pattern. But my thoughts were like a selfish kid.THOSE BOTTLES ARE MINE. ALLLLL MINE- WHAAA- sob sob- IM TELLIN!!!A good signal broke me outta the madness. A cap gun-"They aint got one of these" I thought. Well I was makin myself miserable till the next good find- A cruxcifix knife?? What the??....OK OK--GOD--I dont HATE the bottle diggers! Slowly, for the next 2 hours the goodies thats I recovered, melted my desire to give the diggers a "dirt nap". And with the first ring(tiny Sterling) from here, I was back to the joy of recovering the multitude of relics from this site!! Diggin IS therapeutic.Toys,buckles coins,tokens,marbles,buttons,model T key, a teeny brass bell,.44 cal ball were the answer to my disappointment to the loss of the bottles.After diggin the "California" buckle I could of cared less about some old damn bottles!! When I left I didn't even go see what else they had found,for I had learned a tough lesson this day- SHARING--resurector.
Oh Yea--Anybody out there know anything about the California buckle?? Please respond if ya do

Attachments

• all finds.jpg
    all finds.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 614
  • buckle frnt.jpg
    buckle frnt.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 607
  • car knif.jpg
    car knif.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 615
  • buckle bac.jpg
    buckle bac.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0
Nice Digs Man................I tried M.D. at my dump site.....did pretty good, but the headache got too intense............................H.H.

Most excellent finds resurector!! "improvise and overcome!" i think you did great . that is one great story too,you should be proud.

I would of reacted the same way!.....GET YOUR GRUBBY PAWS OFF MY BOTTLES!!!!!!!! But wow what great finds I love finding toys! I especially Like that Volkswagen! My Brother is into VW's I'll try to email and have him ID the year for you...

Nice finds!

HH

Lonewolfe

Way to go Resurector. I would still be looking for more bottles though. Let them get to the dirty part of uncovering a lot of stuff then go back and cherry pick what you can. Great finds. Thats the Second Revolver cylinder in as many days posted.The ring is sweet and it looks like you have a lot more work ahead of you on this site. Great digs. HH

Hey , Ive always trusted the Padre. NOT. :D LOL Oh and the belt buckle looks to be 1960 or early 70's hippie style. You know bell bottoms big belt buckles.

Hey, I don't blame you for your disappointment. I collect old soft drink bottles and would have felt the same way. But you still had some great finds and had a good attitude at the end.Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Hang in there and keep on diggin' !

Huntin' 59er

In the 3rd pic bottom rgt, is that a Naval Button?

Can you take a close up pic of it?

Like the tiny bell too!

HH

lonewolfe

Geat digs!!!
Love them old cars....
Good luck & Happy hunting~

That Crucifix knife, i don't know about it being issued by God. Godfather maybe.
Great finds!! WTG!! HH

Very nice finds Res! Must have been a blessing in disguise, everyone got some goodies here but I'd rather have been in your shoes! HH, Mike

lonewolfe said:
In the 3rd pic bottom rgt, is that a Naval Button?

Can you take a close up pic of it?

Like the tiny bell too!

HH

lonewolfe
Lone -
Heres the pic of the botton--best I can do anyway. Ya think its old?? Man I hope so--Thanks

Attachments

• naval.jpg
    naval.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 312
  • naval zoom.jpg
    naval zoom.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 303
Resurector, that is a great post. What a great assortment of finds. What were the coins?

I'm really glad you didn't use the crucifix on those bottle-stealing bottle stealers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back