Jeffferson City
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro-pointer
Garrett Z-Link wireless
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this little bell this morning and it looks to be pretty old. It's 2 3/4" in diameter and was about 8" deep. I found it close to where an old one room school house once was. I'm wondering if it could be the teachers school bell? Do these little bells have any markings on them? I looked but there's so much corrosion/patina I can't tell. I thought about cleaning it up but it looks kinda cool like this.

DSC05094.JPG

Upvote 18
Very nice find, congratulations! :occasion14:

I believe you're right! Looks like it's made to have a wooden handle fitted........Nice find!

Iowa Dale

I'll bet there's a lot of history tied to that bell; very nice relic find! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

So neat!
Can it ring?

Cool find....lots of stories if it could talk...Congrats !!

Cool bell I wouldn't clean it If your handy carve an New Handle for it and put it on display Chug

Oh, that is an awesome old relic! Leave it as is. The patina just says "I'm FREAKIN OLD"!:headbang: Love finds like that. Congrats on some true coolness right there mate.:icon_thumright:

I couldn't find the clapper but I might go back again today and do a little swinging.

Thats a very nice relic. It does seem to be a teachers school bell. We have one in our home that belonged to my wifes Great Aunt, who was a teacher in a one room school house. If it was a bell for livestock, the top would be configured differently. It would have a loop on it, for the string or rope that went around the livestock's neck. Yours has the hole in the top where a handle would have attached. Great find.

RING MY BELL ELL ELL RING MY NEVER GOT CARRIED AWAY, NICE FIND.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back