Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Each link makes a curve except the top link. Does this chain look hand forged? If so does anybody know how far this may go back? IMG_0097.JPGIMG_0098.JPGIMG_0099.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
I have seen twisted link chain like that, but can't remember where. I'll keep testing the old brain.

I have seen twisted link chain like that, but can't remember where. I'll keep testing the old brain.

Please do! lol I've Googled hand forged chain images and didn't see any pics like it.

One place where twisted links and larger ends was used were tractor tire chains.

1962_tire_chains.jpg

No way to say 1900-1909, that is just a seller's guess and advertising ploy. It is also more likely steel than iron, and not hand forged at all. They still make such chain, it could be much newer than early 1900s.

No way to say 1900-1909, that is just a seller's guess and advertising ploy. It is also more likely steel than iron, and not hand forged at all. They still make such chain, it could be much newer than early 1900s.

Well I did find it on a early 1900s farm so I just figured it to be on the money.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back