Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone here read French ? I bought a box of old books at a barn sale , and these were in it . The 1842 one is 8 pages , the 1848 is 30 pages . I see the word ''Canada'' a few times in them , so I'm guessing they are from there . I'm kinda curious to what they are about . Thanks for any info ! Let me know if you need more pictures of other pages .

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 012.jpg
    Picture 012.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,289
  • Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,283
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,279
able_walker said:
I imagine Ivan is getting close.
Yup , just got a PM from him the other day . He has a lot of stuff on the plate going on , but it is gettin done . I love this ID'ing stuff .... we sure do learn a lot .... I think I've learned more about History on TNET , than I ever did in highschool !

mojjax

Upvote 0
just a update -- got two french teachers reviewing my work to make sure its correct -- my local high school french teacher and her mom who was also a french teacher (moms retired now) basic take on it is this ---its records dealing with an expedation in canada way back when --- I'm working on several differant projects at this time --this is just one of many but interesting one because I don't get that many "french" projects to do ---mainly "spanish" ones --- so its nice to do a french one to keep "sharp" --- Ivan

Upvote 0
As i stated before French Canadian furniture and other aspects of their history are some of the most valuable aspects of the Canadiana collecting scene.These documents could be very "interesting" to a specific type of collector and maybe worth a bit of money.They certainly have a romantic frontier aspect to them.Just a thought.

Upvote 0
Wow, this is exciting. You may have a good historical document there. I can't wait to see what the translation is.

Upvote 0
going to have to get tough of them french teachers dragging their feet going over tomarrow to put the squeeze on em -- might hit them up with christmas chocolate ---humm chocolate ---good --- I can tell you that under my rough translation --- that it is a document about outfiting a expedition and what was expected supplies wize and duties wize -- ie a basic contract of hire for folks to "provide" guides and porters and supplies ---sorry its taking so long but the french teachers have been dragging butt "proof" reading my rough draft translation -- most like taking points off for grammer errors --- fussy old biddies . le femme $%#&% ----- Ivan

Upvote 0
Back to the top again.

Good job Ivan.
Just remind them that there are a few folks interested in the results. and it isn't a final exam! LOL

should we chip in for chocolate?
There is a Russel Stovers close to me
If that helps.

OD

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back