Old Coin

BrandonR

Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I know this isn't much to go on but I found this coin yesterday when I also found a 1944 silver quarter and what may be an old scout knife. The area used to be an amusement park but was flooded in 1955. The coin in question is in the middle of the picture and cannot see anything on it. It seems to be copper and is smaller that a dime and penny and thinner as well.

20160603_185402.jpg

Thats a penny, showing extreme corrosion!

Upvote 0
But there seems to be lettering (or numbers, but not like a date) around the edge that would have been worn away it would seem? There are miniature pennies, charms of sorts, but???

Upvote 0
reminds me of a penny my brother put in acid in high school science class. it made it really thin and it ate the rim off of it. looked nearly identical to this one

Upvote 0
Hi Brandon; It is in fact a worn out thin penny. Value: $0.00. Corrosion killed it ok. Case closed. Good Hunting. PEACE:RONB

Upvote 0
Anyone else see the text around the edge? It seems to follow the curve of the coin, which wouldn't be the case if it were eroded.

Upvote 0
I don't believe it's a penny, you might try a brass wire brush, it's not like you are likely to hurt it's value.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back