All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 385
  • Picture 018.jpg
    Picture 018.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 366
I'd agree with a fishing net weight. But now we want to see all the arrowheads! That barn has some cool stuff in it.

Upvote 0
One of 'dem dar' throwing weapons?  You know... two rocks tied to a string that ya' whirl around and let fly... I know they have a name... I seen lots of Caveman shows, so I know they exist!   :D (No offence I hope nhbenz!)

Or like Charlie said... fishing net weight

Upvote 0
TreasureTales said:
MJ, do you mean a bolo? Yep, let's see the arrowheads.

Yes. Thanks TT

Either "Bolo"or "Bola" : The bola's or bolo's are a hunting tool made of three ropes all attached together at one end and with hard balls at the other. Once thrown the balls entangle themselves around the target. Also used as musical sounding instruments...

Upvote 0
Montana Jim said:
TreasureTales said:
MJ, do you mean a bolo? Yep, let's see the arrowheads.

Yes. Thanks TT

Either "Bolo"or "Bola" : The bola's or bolo's are a hunting tool made of three ropes all attached together at one end and with hard balls at the other. Once thrown the balls entangle themselves around the target. Also used as musical sounding instruments...

In Maine? Bolas weren't so hot a weapon in woodlands. ;D

Upvote 0
Charlie makes a good point since the Bolas were used by the Indians in modern day south US and Mexico but just because it was found in a cigar box in Maine does not mean it was originally found in Maine. With that being said I think it is a fishing weight. :)

Nice find and lets see the rest.

NJ

Upvote 0
Here's the arrowheads ....

Attachments

• Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 299
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 295
Upvote 0
Thanks for the arrowhead photos. There is also at least one pottery shard in that cigarbox. Cool!

Upvote 0
Cool artifacts!! The one with a hole is a fishing net weight. We find them along the rivers down South. Tony

Upvote 0
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back