old brass shot shell

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some of this weekends finds. old 12 gauge all brass shot gun shell, 10 ga brass top, old pewter childs cup.
Kenworth truck zippo and old consumers power, pole identification tag. 100_1213a.jpg100_1214a.jpg100_1215a.jpg100_1216a.jpg100_1217a.jpg

Upvote 2
Now that is a rare puppy. In all the years I have hunted I have probably found several hundred shotgun hulls (brass) that were the paper body type, but never found one of the solid brass hulls. Can't remember who, but one of the ammo manufactures released some reproduction loads a few years back. This is a cool piece of history there. :icon_thumleft:

My eyes aren't good enough to make anything out. Can you tell me anything at all that is written on either shotshell heads? I would love to know what they are.

Doug

The short one says U.M.C co no. 10 club, the other all I can make out is ster no 12. prob winchester

Now that is a rare puppy. In all the years I have hunted I have probably found several hundred shotgun hulls (brass) that were the paper body type, but never found one of the solid brass hulls. Can't remember who, but one of the ammo manufactures released some reproduction loads a few years back. This is a cool piece of history there. :icon_thumleft:

I have been finding a lot of old ammo these last few weeks. That is my first all brass shot shell. I have found a lot of old Military ammo as we are just down the street from Fort Custer.

I am confident that you all brass shell is a Winchester No. 12. Unfortunately, they used the same headstamp from 1879-1949.

Your UMC Club is a different story. It will date from 1885-1891. It is one of the first named lines of shotshells that UMC produced.

Both are great finds!
Doug

I am confident that you all brass shell is a Winchester No. 12. Unfortunately, they used the same headstamp from 1879-1949.

Your UMC Club is a different story. It will date from 1885-1891. It is one of the first named lines of shotshells that UMC produced.

Both are great finds!
Doug

Cool thanks for the info. I dug these in my yard.

Historic Map: Augusta Township, Howlandsburg, Oshtemo, Yorkville, Atlas: Kalamazoo County 1873 Published by F. W. Beers, Michigan - Historic Map Works, Residential Genealogy ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back