All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 8 TV18 0531 2015 Btl.jpg
    8 TV18 0531 2015 Btl.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_5243.JPG
    IMG_5243.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 113
What's the bottom look like? Any numbers on it? Is the bottom crude looking or does it appear to be machine made?

Upvote 0
It's a two piece molded beer/wine/whiskey with an applied taper lip...without any visible embossing on the bottle, I'd give it a date range from the 1870'same to 1890's...

Can you give us a photo of the base, to see if it may be pontiled? Bottles from this period do not have nofor the most part have numbers on the base, it's either a smooth base or its pontiled

In any case, awesome bottle...keep digging the location, when there's one bottle, there's usually many

Is that black glass or really dark green?

hallsoilfinish.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dang that's a nice looking bottle you got there,vanzutphen, what is on the stencil in the photo???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's a two piece molded beer/wine/whiskey with an applied taper lip...without any visible embossing on the bottle, I'd give it a date range from the 1870'same to 1890's...

Can you give us a photo of the base, to see if it may be pontiled? Bottles from this period do not have nofor the most part have numbers on the base, it's either a smooth base or its pontiled

In any case, awesome bottle...keep digging the location, when there's one bottle, there's usually many

Is that black glass or really dark green?

View attachment 1170311

Hello MuckyBottles. Thanks for the reply and great info. The bottom of this bottle was encrusted with a tar like crud that took a couple of days to remove.

The bottom is pontiled, the glass is dark green, and there is a "K" and "XII" embossed on it. Also it hold about 14-OZ of water.

What do you think? Does this info tell anything more about its use or vintage?

I will visit this site again and probe around for the bottle pit. I'm not really a bottle-guy but I love finding them. HH. C9

TV18 05312015 Botl Btm1.jpgTV18 05312015 Botl Btm.jpg

Upvote 0
I agree with Mucky. Sure looks like a beer bottle that had paper a label.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Golly Cambria!, You sure do find cool stuff, how do you manage to find these places....:)

Upvote 0
Hello MuckyBottles. Thanks for the reply and great info. The bottom of this bottle was encrusted with a tar like crud that took a couple of days to remove.

The bottom is pontiled, the glass is dark green, and there is a "K" and "XII" embossed on it. Also it hold about 14-OZ of water.

What do you think? Does this info tell anything more about its use or vintage?

I will visit this site again and probe around for the bottle pit. I'm not really a bottle-guy but I love finding them. HH. C9

View attachment 1170835View attachment 1170836

I would definitely probe around, given that common bottles from this era fetch at least $5-10..old glass in good condition is bank..

Unfortunately, it's not a pontiled bottle..pontiled usually* don't have markings on the base..

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back