Old AXE blades??

jrlowe

Mar 20, 2006
Found these side by side buried under a beach house in the sand under the deck.
Likely AXE blades but just curious since they were side by side. Maybe double ended AXE? Heavy Iron.
Over 8 inches long.
Thanks

Attachments

• ec 016.jpg
    ec 016.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 424
As stefen says, they are spliting wedges. The tops are rounded over from being struck with a sledge hammer. Around here we call them go-devils.

Upvote 0
There it is....I was going to say,old pike heads used for mining GOLD!!!! :)
Rob

Upvote 0
Thanks all. Sorry I couldn't respond any earlier but I had to leave out of town for an emergency.

I agree that these are for spitting wood after looking at the pictures. They are a couple of pounds and are flat on the sides. Thansk again!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. I removed my other posts because I didn't want to start an argument over something so trivial before hearing from you. Stefen seems to think he's the only one who has ever cut and split wood before. ::) ::) ::)

Upvote 0
diggummup said:
Thanks for the reply. I removed my other posts because I didn't want to start an argument over something so trivial before hearing from you. Stefen seems to think he's the only one who has ever cut and split wood before. ::) ::) ::)
You are so funny :D LoL
Rob

Upvote 0
diggummup said:

Attachments

• bmoon.gif
    bmoon.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 201
  • bmoon.gif
    bmoon.gif
    27.3 KB · Views: 198
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back