Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,, so I'm not the Ringmaster

But I did find a few rings in 2015,
Six .925 Silver, One 14kt. Gold, and Thirty junk rings.
I also recovered a .925 bracelet, a broken sterling bracelet, a broken sterling pin, and a .925 charm
IMG_2985.JPGIMG_2983.JPGIMG_2496.JPG

Upvote 26
We, (The Task Force For Metal Detecting Rights Foundation ), and I am a member and strong supporter, have been trying to get The NYC Parks and Recreation Department to accept metal detecting as a passive and harmless activity / hobby. I believe in the Educational rather than the Confrontational approach. The Parks Department has been issuing permits since 2008. These permits gave us access to a few parks in each of the 5 Counties that make up NYC. There have been quite a few bumps along the way but the Parks Department has taken a leap of faith. Last year we had permission to hunt in 33 city parks and 9 beaches. This year, 2016, our permit will allow us to hunt in 162 parks and 13 beaches.
My renewal application is in the mail and I am one happy camper.

That is really cool. It really opens up some nice hunting areas. Stay on top of those application deadlines! Really nice finds, btw. Congrats

didn't say 10x more last year - ive got well over 1000 since I started detecting though - but I know guys and a few gals that got way more than me
there are a lot more people out there that deserve that title before he does
Casper, you take those guys way too serious...Im sure Ringy doesn't think hes the greatest ring finder on earth...I don't think you understand them or the show.

I was looking for park permits online and I thought NYC had quite a few state parks available

That is really cool. It really opens up some nice hunting areas. Stay on top of those application deadlines! Really nice finds, btw. Congrats
Anyone can apply at any time during the year.
Go to NYC Parks and Recreation and download the metal detecting application. Make it out and send it in with a copy of your license. That's it.
This is the first time that the permits are available before March

I was looking for park permits online and I thought NYC had quite a few state parks available
Hey Joe,
State parks in NY have different rules
They control where you can hunt. Some will allow metal detecting in swimming areas and beaches and even with that, there are restrictions. Try County parks and recreation.
The parks that the NYC parks permit covers are all city parks, there are no state parks in NYC.
There is a permit available for the State parks on Long Island. That covers Nassau and Suffolk Counties. It takes in a number of beaches and costs $40 a year.

Last edited:
Congratulations on all the beautiful silver you found last year ATW! :occasion14:

Here's to hoping that you find twice as much when the ground thaws! :laughing7:

Dave

You brought back some childhood memories for me ATW. I like that Tigers Eye ring in the first pic. When I was a youngster, my mom & dad were into Lapidary. We had all the equipment & stuff for cutting the small slabs of stone & turning them into jewelry pieces like rings, belt buckles, & pendants. We then set them into the settings ( always sterling ) & sold a few. 80 % of the time, we used Tigers Eye because it was such a beautiful stone.

ATW, yours is a fine collection of precious metal goodies for one year. Let's hope this new year brings more! Sub 8-)

Congrats on all the nice finds...good luck in 2016.

Hey Joe,
State parks in NY have different rules
They control where you can hunt. Some will allow metal detecting in swimming areas and beaches and even with that, there are restrictions. Try County parks and recreation.
The parks that the NYC parks permit covers are all city parks, there are no state parks in NYC.
There is a permit available for the State parks on Long Island. That covers Nassau and Suffolk Counties. It takes in a number of beaches and costs $40 a year.

Thanks I didn't really know just recalled seeing the permits .one of the few perks to living where I am is no shortage of good places to hunt.i did read about the restrictions (only keep the clad )sounds great lol

Great assortment of rings, congratulations! :notworthy:

Did you enjoy the digging? That's the real point. Congrats!

Love all them rings ! Congrats !
Glen

Is this a jewelery shop? [emoji12]

Looks like quite the haul to me!
I would grant you ringmaster status!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back