just.neil

Dec 26, 2017
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oldest coin so far. 1917 wheat. It was every bit of 6" down. I have already been over that spot before and boom there it is. Right here in my own back yard, I've been having some pretty good luck here and still learning this at pro. Thanks for looking, hope y'all enjoy it.

20181001_192713.jpg20181001_192727.jpg

Upvote 31
Good job! 🙌

Good job. I love the AT hits coins well pennies are a little choppy 76ish all other coins boom. Bottle caps will bounce VDI numbers by 7 to 8 learn her sounds try not to use vdi to much you will hear a slight hummm like a light saber on aluminum pop tops ect.Great great machine The max is great as well Well done

I got my AT Pro last spring, right about the time it got hot. Looking forward to figuring this thing out. The beans in my permission are going to go down any day now. Can't wait. Gary

Congrats on your oldest coin to date. It looks like a nice Wheat.

Nice find of the Ole' Wheatie. Enjoy the AT PRO and Continued Success with it.

Thanks guys! I have been hitting my yard pretty hard digging a lot of old mason jar lids you know the ones with ceramic liner. And also alot of tin and sheet metal pieces. And yes A2coins I try not to rely too much on the vdi numbers or the depth. As long as it's a consistent tone I'll dig. If it's a small item with inconsistent tones I'll dig it too because you never know. I would like to clean up the wheat a bit because I'll probably never get rid of it,I'm mostly a pack rat lol. But I have 2 more permissions of old home sites that I'm gonna try to hit this week, both of which I can go back repeatedly. So I'm pretty stoked. I'll keep you guys posted when I go hunting again.

Good job! :icon_thumleft: There are probably older coins in your yard and silver! I did my yard and found all sorts of wheats in the 1920's and then I found a 1912 Barber dime! Keep swinging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back