Odd ball ring???

001.JPG

Upvote 0
I really can't tell by the picture the type of metal it was made out of but it looks like a pretty crude piece almost like a modern amateur signet ring. how deep was it? I looked up Asian jewelry from the 1800's and the rings are very ornate and decorative. I will tell you it's not silver and its not gold so unless it is older than 1800's it might be a modern piece.

Upvote 0
It looks like Chinese characters depicted on it. Looks copper with enamel inlay, probably silver (or gold) plated at one time.

Similar-

CHINESE RING.jpg

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing this type of information it is good for me because i also have this type of jewellery and after some days i already want top purchase this type of jewellery now i can't do it.I just ask you how can i know that its a real gold jewellery?

I look at this stuff on a daily basis, so after a while it becomes second nature when it comes to identifying gold and silver. One of the quickest ways to weed out non precious metals is run a powerful magnet over it. Gold and silver are non-ferrous in other words that means the metal is absent of any iron or steel compounds and will not stick to a magnet. Gold, silver, & platinum fall under this category. Be careful because there are ways to fake gold jewelry. The most common one that I will see is someone will take a brass ring (also non-ferrous) stamp it with a fake 14k mark and polish it so it has the look of gold. I have seen some of the best in the business duped by this trick and the only way to tell is by testing it with nitric acid or with an electronic gold tester. Also the weight to size ratio is usually not right. If you buy jewelry on a regular basis and are not sure if the seller is reputable get yourself a magnet and take it with you when buying any gold or silver. Hope that answers your question.

Upvote 0
patricronald said:
Thanks for giving me this reply, It is very useful for buying some real gold and I also take some gold for my best business. Can you tell me how can I use this electronic gold tester?

You would have to go into a shop that buys gold and ask them to test it for you. The testers are really expensive and the good ones run in the $700 range. Just take it to someone who buys gold. Keep in mind theses testers are good for testing gold and platinum only silver will to test on these.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back