Nox - Week 4 - 4 Silver Day+

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey folks,

Like a lot of you I presume, I’ve found myself with more time on my hands for detecting with work slowing way down.

I got out four of the last five days, one of which was my best day in the dirt so far this year. Here’s the rundown!

Monday

My hunting on Monday was slow going to begin with but the last hour really saved the hunt. The first good find of the hunt was a silver ring.
Adjustments.jpg

A while later I got a pretty pristine Indian.
Adjustments.jpg

Near the end of the hunt I got fooled pretty good thinking I had found a silver dime. Nope! Just a shiny, old transit token.
Adjustments.jpg

Here are the day’s totals.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

The oldest of the 9 wheats were 16-S and 36-D.

Wednesday

My next chance to get back out there was Wednesday. It was a pretty lackluster day in a lot of ways but still a beautiful day to get out. Spent a total of five hours out there and got 7 wheats and a 1932 KGV Canadian Small cent.
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

One saving grace is that the wheats contained a lot of oldies (10, 16-S, 17-S, 18, 25-S, 29-S).

Thursday

Thursday turned out to be my best silver day (in the dirt, not beach) of the year.

Started off a little slow but probably an hour in I got my first banger, a 1955 Canadian quarter.
RenderedImage.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

I’ve only ever found one other with a young Queen Elizabeth on it in Aug., 2017 so that was a fun surprise!

Here’s another fun shot from the field from later in the afternoon. A blue Bennington marble and a Mercury Dime poking out of the sidewalk of a hole.
Adjustments.jpg

Here are Thursday’s totals:
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg
Adjustments.jpg

The 4 silver coins are; 1955 Canadian Quarter, 17-D Merc (so close, ughhhh [emoji854]), 50-S & 57-D Rosies. No super old wheat pennies, the oldest dated to the early 20s.

Friday

I was hoping to have more time to detect yesterday but got caught up with work in the afternoon. I still snuck out for a bit and I’m glad I did!
BE988919-7D07-4EB6-A6D5-D7A232F02120.jpg
23ABAD19-5295-4C69-987E-121015BADBA7.jpg

Top highlights were the 49-D Rosie and the 1941 “The American Legion” booster member token. That was an especially fun surprise because I thought for sure it would be a tax token when I first saw it. Got a few more old wheats too including 10, 19-S, 25-S, 29-S.

No weekend hunting for me so I’m getting my wrap up done a bit early.

Good luck out there everyone!!
-W

Upvote 29
Unique, very nice finds! I like the Canadian cent, havn't seen one of those in awhile.
Jon
8-)
:cat::occasion14::headbang:

That is a great four day haul! Congrats on all the good stuff.

Wow great week, congratulations on the finds.

I hope to get out this weekend now that it stopped snowing today!

Pete

Awesome job! You know, I’ve been finding a lot of older wheats lately and I’d really like to pull out an Indian! I’m going out in a bit so maybe today is the day!!

Very Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! Glad You got out, plus the goodies!!

An awesome hunt by you.Most people I know are stay at home now,so how did you manage that great hunt?

Washingtonian, your hard work really pays off...looks like you got a little bit of everything...the 32 KGV, 41 token, and the old wheats, 17 merc d...(I have to look up rare mercs now) 55 silver are finds that stand out to me...around Washington you really have to work for your finds...love the presentation :)

Last edited:
Detecting, detecting, detecting. What about that new wife of yours? Is she a Nox widow already?:laughing9: You better buy her a 600 and start taking her along! I've been married 34 yrs. and I know what I'm talking about. Really I'm really just giving you static because I'm jealous of all your finds. Gary

Unique, very nice finds! I like the Canadian cent, havn't seen one of those in awhile.
Jon
8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

Thanks! I've been on a roll with those things lately. I really like them too!

That is a great four day haul! Congrats on all the good stuff.

Thank you! I wish all weeks were like this for detecting haha.

Lot's a great finds there - well done !

Thanks!!

Wow great week, congratulations on the finds.

I hope to get out this weekend now that it stopped snowing today!

Pete

Snow! Brr. I can't imagine right now. Hope it went well!

Awesome job! You know, I’ve been finding a lot of older wheats lately and I’d really like to pull out an Indian! I’m going out in a bit so maybe today is the day!!

It looks like you find that Indian, huh? Congrats and good luck in the continued search!

Very Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!! Glad You got out, plus the goodies!!

Thanks Randy. Yeah, it's one of the few things keeping me sane right now!

An awesome hunt by you.Most people I know are stay at home now,so how did you manage that great hunt?

Thanks! Haha. Well, our parks are still open for essential activities (exercise) provided you stay away from people so that's what I'm doing! :)

Washingtonian, your hard work really pays off...looks like you got a little bit of everything...the 32 KGV, 41 token, and the old wheats, 17 merc d...(I have to look up rare mercs now) 55 silver are finds that stand out to me...around Washington you really have to work for your finds...love the presentation :)

Right on, thank you! Sounds like you know a thing or two about hunting around here:)

Yeah, just lots of research on my part to try to find old, unhit places. Thanks for the well wishes and good luck!

Detecting, detecting, detecting. What about that new wife of yours? Is she a Nox widow already?:laughing9: You better buy her a 600 and start taking her along! I've been married 34 yrs. and I know what I'm talking about. Really I'm really just giving you static because I'm jealous of all your finds. Gary

Hahaha she likes to have time to watch her TV shows and whatnot. We have an accepted offer on a house and are moving in next month so my detecting time is about to plummet! :)

You're sure getting to know that 'nox.......very nice hunts.

Hey you had a great week out my friend! :occasion14:

Love all those silvers, the '32 King George V Penny is in great shape... too bad it wasn't a '36. :laughing7:
The brass link bracelet and the blue marble are nice finds as well.

Dave

Last edited:

Gary, the only reason my wife and I have lasted 30 years, is because I've been detecting for the last 10 years. :laughing7:
My new motto now is... "I detect to give my brain a rest from the sound of my wife's voice."

Dave

Nice variety of coins and tokens Wash. Nice job on the 4 silvers.

Very nice collection of old coins and relics! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back