Dec 23, 2006
My first M/D find
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Attachments

• aawhat.jpg
    aawhat.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 1,094
Here's my guess again Scotto, I think its a choke wrench for a shotgun. Maybe a can find mine and download a picture to post. TX JED

Upvote 0
Maybe it's a weird belt buckle? What's it made of? If it's iron, then disregard my guess. LOL

Upvote 0
I s an end broke off?,doesn,t look like it in the pics,but could have been ground off.
My guess is an attachment for straps that has broken,then someone altered it to make a Kind of Wrench Known as a "pin,or End spanner"
Often used by gunsmiths cutlers and for other purposes as well.I have also seen them on display cases,and Paper towell racks in commercial Bathrooms.
And again I could be wrong,it has been known to happen.
HH,Mont

Upvote 0
It may be iron, it's rusted pretty bad. Hard to tell if broken, I don't know what it was in the first place. ;D

Upvote 0
Man, you guys sure have come up with some good guesses! It seems awful thick and made out of iron for some of them.

Upvote 0
I knew I had one here it is,later it was said the metal was to thick for a key,so probly a wasted pic.
My next guess would be a Web belt plate to mount to chassis or cab of vehicle?(I have no pic of that though)

Attachments

• PIC_0010.JPG
    PIC_0010.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 491
Upvote 0
Hello, not sure what you have there, but montepollock's photo is a adjustment tool for a pocket knife. as in photo I posted here!

Attachments

• SKLW002.jpg
    SKLW002.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0
Double Eagle said:
Hello, not sure what you have there, but montepollock's photo is a adjustment tool for a pocket knife. as in photo I posted here!

Nice ID of the other thing Double Eagle... Good work. And, welcome to treasure net.

Upvote 0
Nice ID of the other thing Double Eagle... Good work. And, welcome to treasure net.
[/quote]

Thanks for the welcome Montana Jim :)

Upvote 0
Without seeing it in context,I would have thought a Key for Napkin dispenser,as it was found in a commercial area.I do not have that type of knife but have a Buck sheath knife that used a 2 pin spanner on pummel(buttcap),I had to make one from flat screwdriver.
Thanks for the unarguable ID,and Welcome to Tnet.
HH,Mont

Upvote 0
montepollock said:
Without seeing it in context,I would have thought a Key for Napkin dispenser,as it was found in a commercial area.I do not have that type of knife but have a Buck sheath knife that used a 2 pin spanner on pummel(buttcap),I had to make one from flat screwdriver.
Thanks for the unarguable ID,and Welcome to Tnet.
HH,Mont

Your welcome, and thanks also, for the welcome montepollock.

Upvote 0
item 1 puts me in the mind of part of a belt tensioner for a v belt driven whatever ie alternator etc

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back