now swinging an etrac, what will be my first silver? SILVER FOUND

Re: now swinging an etrac, what will be my first silver?

snowskate said:
I resent the trash but I do recover it. I did find an old pepsi bottle cap which I thought was pretty cool. Not worth keeping IMO though. I'm hoping for a buffalo soon. I was pretty picky with the signals.. I'm still not sure about a lot of them. Some signals sounded good, but I passed them up because the FE numbers were jumping all over the place and were high.. I figured it was most likely trash. I'll dig more iffy signals when digging conditions are better.

More experienced Etrac users can pipe in, but on the really deep targets, say deeper than 7 inches, the FE numbers are bunk a good rule of thumb is FE 27 or less, but then I read some people digging coins that hit 35. Go by audio on the deep ones (which is hard if you are just learning the machine...). One trick is to listen to what the threshold does. If the threshold nulls out before a good target, then it means there is likely iron around, perhaps located with the target or the target itself is rusted iron. Sweep from another direction and see what the threshold does. If it still nulls, it probably is a rusted nail. At hunted out parks I typically dig all the deep high tones (8+ inches), but then I ended up with lots of rusted nails. Another trick I am trying to learn on those is if the high tone is falsing on rusted iron, typically the pinpoint is way off from the target. Does it pinpoint over where you are hearing the tone or off to the side?

Re: now swinging an etrac, what will be my first silver?

Well, it was in the paper today haha. My gf called and told me. I dont get the paper and I can't find it online, but if they update it and put it in there I will link you guys. I guess its just a picture of me digging a hole and 3 sentences. They misquoted me and said I'd only be doing it for 3 weeks.. I'm not that much of a newb! :help:

Yeah one of my first holes was a deep deep rusted nail. I'd say about a foot at least (although it showed at about 8 inches). So then I stopped digging the jumpy FE ones. The pinpoint was dead on with the rusted nail I dug, but there were a few holes where it was off a little bit. Wanted to hit another park today that used to be a dance spot in the 20s where people met up to drink in the 20s, but the weather is pretty brutal today.

Well dang you said correct denomination and year so I only got it half right. Can I get you a job running the lottery?

Hang on to it for me, I'm building equity....

correct year and denomination would have got you a 1oz silver round ;D guess ill save that for another one. I was really hoping it was going to be a merc or older. and the obsession continues...

If you found it with the joey coil, I do believe that 69 JFK rightfully belongs to me.

Sorry Tim.

lol

Joey

twistidd said:
If you found it with the joey coil, I do believe that 69 JFK rightfully belongs to me.

Sorry Tim.

lol

Joey

Hey claim jumper, take that Joey-come-lately business somewhere else. It ain't gonna play in Peoria.

Attachments

• Will it play in Peoria.jpg
    Will it play in Peoria.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 84

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back