🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Not sure what to call this but it has the UK coat of arms on it I think...

VTSwinger

May 5, 2017
Northern VT
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
PXL_20230712_233619868.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20230712_233647203.PORTRAIT.jpg

It looks like some kind of snap button, but it is hard to tell without a coin for a size reference.

Upvote 1
I believe you have a snap or ‘dot’ fastener from the Carr Fastener Company. Originally of Cambridge Massachusetts, they opened factories in England in 1911, Canada in 1920 and Australia in 1928. In 1928 they became the United Carr Fastener Company when their parent merged with the United States Fastener Company (USF) of Boston, Massachusetts.

Among other things they produced snap fasteners for the automobile and buggy industry (canopy fasteners etc), motoring and motorcycle gloves, overalls, and at times produced for the military too.

I couldn’t find your exact logo, but here’s their branding on a pair of motoring or motorcycle gauntlets, believed to be from around the time of the merger since it has both the CFCo and USF names.

Carr.jpg

Upvote 5
I believe you have a snap or ‘dot’ fastener from the Carr Fastener Company. Originally of Cambridge Massachusetts, they opened factories in England in 1911, Canada in 1920 and Australia in 1928. In 1928 they became the United Carr Fastener Company when their parent merged with the United States Fastener Company (USF) of Boston, Massachusetts.

Among other things they produced snap fasteners for the automobile and buggy industry (canopy fasteners etc), motoring and motorcycle gloves, overalls, and at times produced for the military too.

I couldn’t find your exact logo, but here’s their branding on a pair of motoring or motorcycle gauntlets, believed to be from around the time of the merger since it has both the CFCo and USF names.

View attachment 2093353
Nice ID Red-Coat! Well done!

Upvote 1
Here's another Carr snap which has the same "letter F between two back-to-back Cs" logo:

Carr2.jpg

The snap is on a pair of ladies' gloves which were said by the seller to have been worn at someone's mother's wedding in 1905.

Last edited:
Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back