IMG_2596.jpeg
    713 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2594.jpeg
    IMG_2594.jpeg
    626.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_2595.jpeg
    IMG_2595.jpeg
    958.9 KB · Views: 36
I agree with Tamrock...most definitely some type of carved horn. The question is, horn of what?

I agree with Tamrock...most definitely some type of carved horn. The question is, horn of what?
That’s what I’m trying to figure out. I had a friend tell me it’s a rhino horn. Curious if anyone on here would know about what kind of horn and who would have carved those designs into it.

Not an expert, but I’d guess cow. Base (hole in base) and size/length doesn’t strike me as rhino
Rhino is a solid mass.

I just lensed it; it could be a Yak horn.... or not. :dontknow:

If it were a cow horn I believe it would be more hollow up into the thick portion. I have removed a lot of cow horns in my life and they are pretty well hollow up to close to the end. Might be onto something with it being a yak...I have never taken off a yak horn ;)

I’ll reserve my comment. It is off-color and unnecessary. Let’s just say, No Batteries Required.

If it were a cow horn I believe it would be more hollow up into the thick portion. I have removed a lot of cow horns in my life and they are pretty well hollow up to close to the end. Might be onto something with it being a yak...I have never taken off a yak horn ;)
FWIW, you can get some on Amazon...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back