Wrecka

Jun 22, 2017
Gold Coast Queensland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gday friends,
well being new to the hobby i have learnt so much over the past 6 weeks. Between working fulltime 12 hours per day and 3 hours travel time i have tried to utilise what spare time is left detecting without angering the Mrs too much .

Most of my time has been swinging along the beaches near where i live , not a great deal to find at the moment as they have been pumping new sand onto the beaches for the past 4 months and tourist season wont start until December. What coinage and one silver ring i have found is acceptable.

I did however get the opportunity to detect at a closed down school near where i work , built in 1875 and closed in 2008 , i have taken a good number of older coins out of the ground there although being such acidic soil has left the coins in very poor condition , from what i can read looks like the oldest penny is 1934 , cant really read the dates on the 1/2 pennies though :)

coins.jpg

Upvote 25
You snagged a 74 y.o. coin. Nice going.

Nice work, Wrecka! Congrats! :icon_thumright:

ANY FINDS ARE GOOD FINDS..

Keep it up great finds, to me all finds are great finds.When I uncover old coin always think who may have lost it and when they lost it.

from half way around the world it looks like treasure to me. Well done on scoring some good finds with your limited time. Work's a curse!:BangHead::laughing7:

wading through the finds as you find them, you eventually find something that becomes even more precious to you. Besides, as most of us know very well, sometimes the good stuff can be rather hard to find. finds like that sure beat punching the ole time clock too

I would be bouncing off the walls if I found any one of those! Congratulations!

Thanks for the encouraging words peeps , i suppose the best gift ive gained from this hobby so far is a sense of peace and learnt to have patience. After 1 trip to Iraq and 3 to Afghanistan i have a few demons that sometimes test my day to day way of dealing with stress but this hobby has surely given me some time to reflect and some peace.

Congratulations on the finds! You are off to a great start. Good luck with tourist season. I've seen some videos of tremendous finds from the beaches of Australia.

always love it when a coin pops out great job and best of luck for ur next hunts

Welcome to the forum, your finds are great and it's cool to see what you can pull out down under. Keep detecting, have fun and best of luck in your next hunts!

Looks like treasure to me mate! I'm glad you had a chance to get out and detect. My wife and I were able to visit Gold Coast in January and absolutely loved it. The Aussie people were just as terrific.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back