Not bad for being out of the game for a while

BrettCo124

Apr 29, 2009
Outside of Philadelphia, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Tesoro Sand Shark, Bazooka Gold Trap Mini, Gold Rush Nugget Bucket, Garrett Supersluice Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Decided to go to a local creek by me. Glad I did. Never found anything in a creek before, but here they are! The Levanna was PERFECT. Notice I said “was”. Why, you might ask, did I say that? Because my ******* held it for the first time in god knows how many years, then I dropped it and knocked both of its ears off.

As you can see in the first pic of it, it was perfect. In the last pic, you can now see the ears are knocked off. It doesn’t look as bad as it could have though. Someone tell me it doesn’t look as bad as I’m making it out to be so I can stop being sad, haha.

Thanks for looking.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552009.461773.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552021.172444.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552032.323120.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552046.421413.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552060.975945.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534552072.645205.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds man! Looks like there’s some local goodies after all . It doesn’t look that bad .... I mean it looked better before but maybe some glue lol , congrats on the finds Im sure you put a lot of time in and t paid off [emoji106]

Cool Finds! It's a shame for you to have dropped it, better yet having someone else handling it and dropping it. I have witnessed when a friend let another person look at a very nice four inch Cody knife and drop it. It broke into several pieces. Boy, was he mad!

I dropped a quartz point once on my tile floor it shattered like glass since then I bought a big throw rug so that wont happen again. Looks like you did real well on that spot.

Nice finds man! Looks like there’s some local goodies after all . It doesn’t look that bad .... I mean it looked better before but maybe some glue lol , congrats on the finds Im sure you put a lot of time in and t paid off [emoji106]

Wish I could find those tiny pieces of the ears lol. It would be nearly impossible. I dropped it outside on the sidewalk and the pieces are microscopic.

Nice going! It's great that you found a new spot! The Levanna is still very nice.

Thanks! It just have hit on an ear when it fell, then jumped to the other ear before the officially ended. Lucky for me, only two small portions came off the ears. I agree, it doesn’t look bad, but that still hurts!

Cool Finds! It's a shame for you to have dropped it, better yet having someone else handling it and dropping it. I have witnessed when a friend let another person look at a very nice four inch Cody knife and drop it. It broke into several pieces. Boy, was he mad!

That would be horrible! I definitely learned a lesson. Sometimes I do get careless with handling artifacts. Then, when it drops and breaks, we realize it’s made it up till that point in time for a thousand-plus years, and then we manage to destroy it in seconds lol.

I dropped a quartz point once on my tile floor it shattered like glass since then I bought a big throw rug so that wont happen again. Looks like you did real well on that spot.

I can’t imagine loosing an entire piece like that. I didn’t even think I’d ever feel that bad about messing up a point like that, but I was wrong. It’s a sad moment in time! Lol

Gosh, when I was a young'un, I handed a translucent, milky white chalcedony Savannah River out of the creek, about 3 inches long and perfect, to my brother-in-law. Really great guy, but he dropped it and it broke. No bad words or feelings, but it sure hurt and still does to this day.

Gosh, when I was a young'un, I handed a translucent, milky white chalcedony Savannah River out of the creek, about 3 inches long and perfect, to my brother-in-law. Really great guy, but he dropped it and it broke. No bad words or feelings, but it sure hurt and still does to this day.

I think it’s just a pArt of this hobby that we all need to just accept. It’s going to happen sooner or later, but we could always try and be a little bit more careful too.

I think it’s just a part of this hobby that we all need to just accept. It’s going to happen sooner or later, but we could always try and be a little bit more careful too.

True dat. Not only did it make me more careful in my handling of artifacts, it made me more conscientious of who I let handle items out of my collection as well. If you ever go to antique bottle shows, you never get used to the chilling sound of a bottle hitting the floor across the room, but it'll damn sure make you more careful too.

True dat. Not only did it make me more careful in my handling of artifacts, it made me more conscientious of who I let handle items out of my collection as well. If you ever go to antique bottle shows, you never get used to the chilling sound of a bottle hitting the floor across the room, but it'll damn sure make you more careful too.

That would be a horrifying sound lol.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back