Non-suction dredging

Had a guy, one time, who bought one of the gasoline powered boulder winches we had here.
Said he was going to dragline couldn't figure out if it would work for him though.
Heck of a nice winch, too.
Go Figure? How ya going to get the bucket back out to the paydirt. Must not be a very big bucket. Darned if I know.
Well now there is a heck of a fine "wench" at the coffee shop... LOL

Last edited:
EZ 2 do GH---now ya know I'd NEVER do sumthn' like this---but it works just fine. 1 winch on each side a the creek or river-one to drag bucket to ya and 1 to return back to the start position. Done between 1am-4 am with night vision goggles and a couple a walkie talkie mouthpieces for communications and good to go.John :skullflag:

Gravel Hog, after seeing the big yellow digger you posted I can understand how you got the name. The picture really made me laugh so thanks for that!...........63bkpkr

Yeah to get the bucket back to the hole isn't a real difficult problem.
At least if you're working in a linear digging line.
My plan is to rewind a cable going the opposite direction on the drum that runs across the creek to a pulley and back to the bucket.
So each time I pull the bucket in it lets the cable out the other way.
I'm drawing it in a simple paint program but I'll try to do as many views as I can.
All right I may make a hand crank rope version prototype just to test the concept.
I don't have the final bucket design yet. Something between two and 5 gallons, box shaped.
Again the problem may not be how it works, but where can I use it.
I may have to plan a clandestine operation in a far-reaching wilderness area where few venture.
Just like when I used my gravity dredge only I'll have to do a better job of hiding the equipment this time.
Last time somebody found my pipe and took it.
HELL, if the rope prototype works out I might just use that.
It would be Hand Operated, :goldpan:No gas, no batteries, within the California legal guidelines.:laughing7:
Never underestimate the determination of the miner who was told he can't go mining.:goldpan:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back