61.1 KB · Views: 467
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 478
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 475
lostcauses said:
I have had many inkwells and never seen one with a top like this. A cover would not fit well over them. Do an image search on Google.

I tried hair receiver but don't see anything in that category that might fit.

I can't remember the name of the item that contained cotton or some other material for putting perfume and other stuff, in and wore to cover up the smell of people. ( folks did not take baths in the past for a time.)
Maybe it was just a temporary cover to set on top of the ink container? :dontknow: I was going by Earthworks ID and the Worthepedia sale, that I cant find, but its possible they where just repeating the misID. :dontknow:

I forget the name of the scented containers but why wouldnt it just have holes?

Upvote 0
Earthworks said:
Yes it is, found one just like that one that still had ink on it. I'll try to send one a pic of it.
Earthworks...
I think we have your pic and thanks for posting but unless you can add something else, all we know at this point is that the one you found was used for ink. :D There are some members that need more supporting evidence. :read2: Thanks again. I hope you have more to add. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
I found this in a triangular piece of town grass in the middle of three intersecting roads. I found 4 Mercury dimes, Silver Rosie dime, Silver Washington quarter and about 20 wheat pennies, so it would seem that this artifact would date around 1950ish. It has the look of 29th century to me. :dontknow:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back