crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sad to anounce that The Lazy Mans Rest will no longer be hunted by me. The owner had a change of heart .........I won't get into the details but his wife had something to do with it. I am not the one to get on here and pass around a bunch of gossip, but even my grandmother had mentioned the she wasn't the nicest person you will ever meet. I'll just say this. She "wears the pants" in that house!! Tom was really cool about it, especially after I had mentioned that I was in the Marines, because he was in too. We struck it off good. Anyway, enough said. So, life goes on. At least I was able to retrieve my first on only 2 cent piece :D

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear that. I have had a few situations like that, both detecting, and hunting. All you can do is look for greener pastures.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

juju said:
Sorry to hear that. I have had a few situations like that, both detecting, and hunting. All you can do is look for greener pastures.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Yep. No hard feelings here. I was surprised because this place is of historical interests to the county and other people as well. I just don't think they wanted it disturbed.

SORRY ABOUT THAT. HOPE YOU FIND A PLACE JUST AS GOOD. :thumbsup:

Oh well....... All good things must come to an end, atleast you have a new spot with great potential!

At least you got your first and only 2 center before she pulled the leash up on her hubbie ;D
I'm sure you'll find a site just as good if not better. :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that :(

I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe she did you a favor. Could have saved you from some kind of harm, you never know.

Who knows sometime that property could change hands and you would have another chance at it. Heck there might even be a divorce that could change things.

This could be your opportunity to find an even better place. Keep up your positive attitude and good things will happen.

Semper Fi! I thank you for your service :icon_salut:

Buddy~

Goodyguy said:
I believe everything happens for a reason. Maybe she did you a favor. Could have saved you from some kind of harm, you never know.

Who knows sometime that property could change hands and you would have another chance at it. Heck there might even be a divorce that could change things.

This could be your opportunity to find an even better place. Keep up your positive attitude and good things will happen.

Semper Fi! I thank you for your service :icon_salut:

Buddy~

Thanks for the kind remarks goodyguy. I served 23 years, by the way

Been there, done that. Oh well, move on and be the better for it. Maybe you might see the guy again and ask him privately if you could hunt it while she is away on vacation or something. Worth a try..Either way you grabbed some goods and ran..LOL....jgas

jgas said:
Been there, done that. Oh well, move on and be the better for it. Maybe you might see the guy again and ask him privately if you could hunt it while she is away on vacation or something. Worth a try..Either way you grabbed some goods and ran..LOL....jgas

He lives in another town and is supposed to move into this place in the future. He inherited it when his mother passed. Like I said, no problem. Not the end of the world. I know where there are tons of 1800's places around here and surrounding counties. I'll just have to find another one :D If you seen my old 1800's platt maps, you know what I mean. I'm always scouting them and driving around to see where they were or still are

detector de metales said:
Wow thats sucks to say the least.. But I'm glad you have lots of places to hunt.. Nice to see that its "water off a ducks back".
Keep the coil to the soil

Happy Hunting
J2

Yes, I'm mature and old enough to let it pass. Not all a bad thing. It happened for a reason :icon_sunny:

Newt said:
Did she see your post?
Newt

No. She has no clue about what I do. She is too busy selling real estate. It's like I stated. And maybe some more, but it's over

Sorry to hear the bum news Ron - BUT - the way you have been finding these spectacular places, you'll be on to another "honey-hole" in no time. Keep the spirits high and the coil low... :wink:

C J. Sorry to hear about the access denied , but one door closing just allows others to open.

I came to the realisation that those times when I cant seem to get my search coil over any ,

goodies ,for whatever reasons -are just the times that set you up for the next sweet score.

Keep the faith ! Argentium.

Ron,
I think I'm more disappointed than you. ;D I was really looking forward to seeing what you pulled from that place. You were off to an awesome start for sure. :thumbsup: Sorry to hear about the wife's decision. >:(
I ran into to that same thing some months back on a great new spot you may recall. One brother out of the three was not happy with me digging there and that was the end of it. :( Me being a "Yankee" didn't help either. :tongue3:
Sorry to hear about the bad news.
You'll score some more spots though.
-Doug-
P.S. Congrats on that 2-center!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back