No easy finds today I had to earn them!!

michael NY

Nov 4, 2007
USA
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Coinstrike, F70, Explorer XS, Sovereign XS, Spectrum, IDX PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today is very hot humid day very smart choice to fill the camelbqck with ice and water.
This place I was digging I have gone over and made killer finds with different machines today it was was the Etrac not the first time at this spot with it either. Just managed to dig enough beer cans in stinky mud. It’s not to much of walk but I’m the heat it felt a lot longer I’m glad some places had some shade.
The Mercury come up on a sold tone and DEEP! I dug hole into roots opens it up and down 9 inches in the muck still giving a good high tone. I scoped it out by hand. The Wheat dent came from the opposite side of the beach I’ve never found Anything there and baffled to why??
There might be a day when I put on the boots for walking in the mud and give it a try. HH drink lots of water in heat! Thanks for looking dug this on the 3rd just been to busy to post the musket ball find to same park . It’s Revolutionary War period
Michael

Attachments

• IMG_4667.jpeg
    IMG_4667.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 74
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
Upvote 20
Nice job on the Merc.
If I told you how many times I’ve hunted this area with many detectors you would be very surprised but I have pulled some very nice coins from the same area in the past. Thanks for nice comment

Today is very hot humid day very smart choice to fill the camelbqck with ice and water.
This place I was digging I have gone over and made killer finds with different machines today it was was the Etrac not the first time at this spot with it either. Just managed to dig enough beer cans in stinky mud. It’s not to much of walk but I’m the heat it felt a lot longer I’m glad some places had some shade.
The Mercury come up on a sold tone and DEEP! I dug hole into roots opens it up and down 9 inches in the muck still giving a good high tone. I scoped it out by hand. The Wheat dent came from the opposite side of the beach I’ve never found Anything there and baffled to why??
There might be a day when I put on the boots for walking in the mud and give it a try. HH drink lots of water in heat! Thanks for looking dug this on the 3rd just been to busy to post the musket ball find to same park . It’s Revolutionary War period
Michael
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back