Nickle tones??????? Minlab SE

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
This is one reason using VDI numbers to id a target before digging it leaves much good stuff still in the ground. It is caused by many things including the color of your socks. Sorry, I can't do better than that except to say I don't look at numbers for this reason. Manufactures can't explain it well either.

Sandman said:
This is one reason using VDI numbers to id a target before digging it leaves much good stuff still in the ground. It is caused by many things including the color of your socks. Sorry, I can't do better than that except to say I don't look at numbers for this reason. Manufactures can't explain it well either.

Totally agree.

Thanks ya'll, I dident detect these out depending on the #'s but was checking them. They all also gave very dif tones and showed up on the smart screen in dif places, I plan on doing some more table top testing on other coins of like kind, also kinda intresting is I dug a old v nickle in rough condition the other day and it rung up way low and to the right kinda like some can shrapnel.

Distance to target, angle to target, angle of target and amount of wear, effect the numbers displayed.

I NEVER hunt by the numbers, they are too precise to the point of being useless if any hunting variable changes.
Same thing with the discrimination on the Explorers, if the coin is slightly angled you may miss it if the pattern is too tight...

Wide open, full ferrous tones, no iron mask, no discrimination is the only way to get everything.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back