MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

OK, we could be here awhile. So if you have the time take it and check this out! My uncle is a landlord and had some tenants move out. Well if you know anything about tenants they tend to leave things behind. Well they left a nice size coin collection behind and my uncle gave me some of it. I say some of it cause I think he went through it and took out some of the good stuff, thats cool. Anyway this is what I got.

2BU 1941 w rainbow toned mer cs.
2BU 1942 w rainbow toned mer cs.
1BU 1940 w rainbow toned merc.
1BU 1968 D Kennedy Half
1BU 1969 D Kennedy Half
4BU 1943 Steel Cents (My first)
1xAU 1943 Steel Cent
2xCerc 1944 War Nickles (My first)
1xCerc 1945 War Nickle
1xCerc 1907 Indian Head Penny (My first)
1xCerc 1937 Buffalo Nickle
1xCerc 1988 Kennedy Half
1xcerc Kennedy Bicentennial
1xcerc 1909 Wheat Cent (My first)

1xCerc 1942-1946 World War II Obsolete Coin Collection Containing all separate from above
1xCerc 1942 War Nickle
1xCerc 1943 War Nickle
1xCerc 1944 War Nickle
1xCerc 1945 war Nickle
1xAU 1943 Steel Cent
1xCerc 1944,45,46 Shell Case Cents

1xAU American Heritage World War II Coin Collection Containing all separate from above.
1x AU 1943p War Nickle
1x AU 1943 Steel Cent
1x AU 1944 D Shell Case Penny
1x AU 1946 Shell Case Penny

1x Franklin Mint Presidential Mini-Coin Set First Edition Sterling Silver Containing.
36 mini coins with the first 36 Presidents one on each coin I guess silver.

1/2 x a 1981 proof set it was broken in half containing.
1 penny, 1 dime, 1 nickle all 1981 P's .

I also got some Israeli Coin Proof sets, 1 Israeli bill and seven roman coins. I know nothing about.

5 sets of BU 1982 small and large date cents containing about.
4 x small and 4x large in each set.

Here are some pictures. Even if its not from the ground, I hope you all enjoyed this!!

HH!!

Attachments

• Billsgift 001.jpg
    Billsgift 001.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,555
  • Billsgift 002.jpg
    Billsgift 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Billsgift 003.jpg
    Billsgift 003.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 1,542
  • Billsgift 004.jpg
    Billsgift 004.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,522
Upvote 0
Thank you all for the great posts so far keep them commin!!

jimmileo said:
How much discrimination did your uncle use?? ;D? JIM

No Discrimination was used Jim, he has to go through all the trash they leave.

lets_go said:
I own a rental property and all they left me was garbage.? Maybe I should look for a better class of tenants.

The tenants should be collage students. (For the best treasures after tenants leave)

Thanks again everyone!!

HH!!

Attachments

• happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,083
  • happy.jpg
    happy.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 1,079
I'm having a hard time with this post.....alot of us go to great lengths to return rings and other items to the original owners. Why wouldn't you do the same in this case?! If I were in your shoes, I would feel like a thief. I would put forth the effort to track down the owners....wouldn't be real hard either (forwarding address).

I would think that if the former tenants remember the collection they left behind, they would certainly pursue a legal route, probably small claims court. Hey, it won't be hard to find you either since you've posted it on the www........

I too was wondering why this wasn't returned to it's rightful owner. Perhaps the tenant left in arrears? If so,I can understand keeping the collection until things are made right.

root

Maybe this was part of a heist, robbery, stolen property. Never know. Otherwise I wouldnt leave it behind.

When a tenant leaves something behind he tells them and they never claim it. (We are good God fearing Christans we won't steal) Also after a small time frame whats left behind by law becomes the landlords.

Thank you for your concern!

HH!!

Attachments

• godblessU.jpg
    godblessU.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 977
  • godblessU.jpg
    godblessU.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 981
If your conscious is clear then I say enjoy them. Still having a tough time understanding why someone would go thru that much trouble to collect them (or steal them) then leave them behind ???

You have to understand that like 90% of what is left behind is from Rich, Spoiled, Careless and Destructive Collage Students. They don't care about a few coins that are worth a few bucks each. They leave VCRS, DVD Players, Computers, PDA's, Vacuums, Furniture, clothing ext. Every year my uncle gets something that the students don't want to drag halfway across the country or more. It's very common, ever here of dumpster diving its the same Idea but you don't have to go to the dumpsters.

;) HH!!

They don't care about a few coins that are worth a few bucks each.<MUD

Looked to be more than a few coins to moi. One can rationalize,justify all they want,but someone cared enough about these coins to collect them. Rich,poor or otherwise, they still belong to someone else. Coin colllections are not very difficult to 'drag' cross country. That's about an 8 on the Kharma-Meter......lol

my .02

Where specifically in the house was it left and how do you suppose they missed taking it? THanks.

I have to pipe in about the students.Yes they leave everything behind.There are professional dumpster divers in our college town.I used to make a killing on the side just selling off their stuff.They throw everything away.Ive seen entire apartments fully furnished left behind.I pulled 2 thousand dollars worth of brand new Penn fishing reels out of one.They take some clothes their drugs and alchohol and leave the rest.Daddy pays for eveything including the BMW or Mercedes.It's not unlike them to leave something behind like this.It's only money(daddy's money)Some of these kids don't have a clue as to what working is or what things cost.It's disgusting the waste they leave behind.But in your case MUD,nice find!

grunthead said:
I have to pipe in about the students.Yes they leave everything behind.There are professional dumpster divers in our college town.I used to make a killing on the side just selling off their stuff.They throw everything away.Ive seen entire apartments fully furnished left behind.I pulled 2 thousand dollars worth of brand new Penn fishing reels out of one.They take some clothes their drugs and alchohol and leave the rest.Daddy pays for eveything including the BMW or Mercedes.It's not unlike them to leave something behind like this.It's only money(daddy's money)Some of these kids don't have a clue as to what working is or what things cost.It's disgusting the waste they leave behind.But in your case MUD,nice find!

Thank you...!!!

HH!!

How lucky can one get :hello2: Looks like a sizeable hoard ::) How can people be so forgetfull?? The SWAT team was probably knocking on the front door :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back