Nice little coin shoot b-4 the big freeze

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Supposed to freeze hard this weekend, so I let the IDX ride shotgun in hopes of squeezing in a hunt after work.Ended up stopping at a long abandoned roadside park that has produced a few keepers in the past.This is a heavily wooded area with a thick mat of leaves and debris.There is alot of trash ,but it seems to stay just below the leaves while the good targets seem to be rather deep....6 - 8"..What I do is scrape or rake an area clean and then detect it.after checking that area ,I move the debris from the surrounding areas onto it....and so on.Its a slow process, but its been productive.
Tonight was no exception. Within an hour and a half, I dug 6 Wheats (26 - 56), 2 silver Rosies (54 and 58), 1 nice 35 Buffalo, 1 GM/Briggs and Stratton key, 2 pieces of clad(the 64 nickle is the newest coin I have dug in many trips), and a cool "Vintage" ring.It is a thin gold over copper band with a heavy "Sterling" band around it. inside the band it says"TGP - Ster - ESPO"....pretty neat.
Well, thanks for stoppin by....it aint much but it was fun.....Wish I could've had more time. Oh yeah......it was pretty dark while I was digging my last target.I was hunkered down over the hole trying to find a penny in a root mass. When I stood up, there was a young deer not twenty ft in front of me....I dont know who jumped higher.....Musta thought I was its Momma.

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 429
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 423
Upvote 0
Never be dissappointed in a day of MDng...........ya got to do it before the temp drop...that's a success right there. But to find some finds..........that's a bonus.
HH,

Mel

borninok

Jopher,
That a purdy buffalo. Looks like you got a system that you work.
Tennessee Joe

Jopher,
Nice finds for a short hunt, well done. Cool looking ring! wtg on the silver coins and buffalo nickel.
Glenn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back