Nice large cent and other corn field finds

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buddie invited me out to detect one of his permissions. Corn field that was recently harvested and according to him had been a stage coach stop.

LC Obverse 091623.jpgLC Reverse 091623.jpg

Was impressed with how nice this Large Cent came out. Often the farm fields can be pretty harsh on coins.

Coins obverse 091623.jpg

Add to that an IHP and a wheat cent. The IHP was a little rough but not terrible.

Buttons 091623.jpg

And got some decent flat buttons...and one fancier button. No markings on the fancy button. The largest flat button has a backmark of Rich Gold Colour and a nice half wreath. The button with some gold gilt left I believe says Scoville Double Gilt. The smallest one with the broken shank just says Rich Colour. The last flat button has no identifying marks.

Finds 091623.jpg

Today's finds...

1828 Large Cent
1866 Indian Head Penny
1925 Wheat Cent
(4) Flat buttons
(1) Fancy button
2 round leadshot. One obviously hit something.
1 two ring lead bullet. Also hit something.
Smashed copper thimble.
Token...Obverse 3505? Reverse "Vens Coupon"?

PBS

Upvote 25
Buddie invited me out to detect one of his permissions. Corn field that was recently harvested and according to him had been a stage coach stop.

View attachment 2105511View attachment 2105512

Was impressed with how nice this Large Cent came out. Often the farm fields can be pretty harsh on coins.

View attachment 2105513

Add to that an IHP and a wheat cent. The IHP was a little rough but not terrible.

View attachment 2105514

And got some decent flat buttons...and one fancier button. No markings on the fancy button. The largest flat button has a backmark of Rich Gold Colour and a nice half wreath. The button with some gold gilt left I believe says Scoville Double Gilt. The smallest one with the broken shank just says Rich Colour. The last flat button has no identifying marks.

View attachment 2105515

Today's finds...

1828 Large Cent
1866 Indian Head Penny
1925 Wheat Cent
(4) Flat buttons
(1) Fancy button
2 round leadshot. One obviously hit something.
1 two ring lead bullet. Also hit something.
Smashed copper thimble.
Token...Obverse 3505? Reverse "Vens Coupon"?

PBS
Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back