Nice find when cleaned

surfdog

Oct 15, 2003
Great Plaines
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this at the beach, the other day,with my sovereign. It was pretty deep. Three scoops with my Babbs Backhoe. Maybe 10 or so inches. Took alittle doing to get it to come up. I cant find any marks on it at all but I'm pretty certain its silver. It is a pretty heavy ring as well. I also found a lot of clad. I hope the pictures come across ok.
HH,
Bill

Attachments

• ring 4-2-05 001.jpg
    ring 4-2-05 001.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 353
Upvote 0
Heres the after.. :o

Attachments

• ring 4-2-05 008.jpg
    ring 4-2-05 008.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 352
Thanks guys,
In answer to your questions:
1) minelab1000, yes the paper clip is silver colored and yes I used electrolysis.It was the only way to get the gunk off. About 1 hr. Then a couple dips in Tarnex and then the Dremel w/some polish.
2) 49er, no markings at all on the ring. About 3' of sand gone off my beach and it was down another 10+ inches. Found at the high tide line. I figure its been there quite awhile.

Cool Ring.

?You did Electrolysis & it didn't take the Silver off, It must be either Silver, White Gold, Or Platinum.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? With the Sovereign, you should be able to tell by tone, Silver From Gold.? ? ?10K can get a crust. but don't know if 10K white Gold exists
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Don't know on Platinum. never found any I know of

? ? ? ? Congrats.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Happy Hunting

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? J E F F

When I hunt on the beach I dont use a meter.The tone was silver though. I got to thinking about it after I read Jeffs post so I hooked my Patriot meter up to the Sov and checked the ring. It locked on 180. So I am pretty certain it is silver.
HH,
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back