🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started the year off with a bang, hit 6 silver coins, including a barber half and 4 pieces of silver jewelry the first week in Jan 2018. It went downhill from there, I got sick around the 8th of Jan and spent 3 days in bed. Got over that, but, with my father in law living with us under hospice care, not much time to hunt. I came down with pneumonia and a sinus infection and spent 6 days in bed 2 weeks ago, so that kinda put a stop to any idea I had about hunting. This past week my father in law passed away, so it's been non stop taking care of business for a month now.

So, today with the weather in the 60's I hit 3 permissions, the first was a dud. The second gave up 2 silvers, 63 rosie and a 64 washington. The 3rd produced an aluminum token(play money) a wheat and some clad and a what is it. It felt good to finally swing the coil, still feel a bit drained from being sick, but, finally on the mend.

Attachments

• hunt.jpg
    hunt.jpg
    320.8 KB · Views: 79
  • hunt 2-4.jpg
    hunt 2-4.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 124
Upvote 17
Sorry about the tough times you went through. Hope your father-in-law had a good life. Get back out there when you can.

Glad to see silver going home with after rough three weeks

Glad to see silver going home with after rough three weeks

Life has a way of setting one's priorities in order. Congrats on the button today.

Good hunting Amigo ! It's a really good day when you get a silver quarter ,but the real treasure here is your health (and that of your loved ones).

Nice finds! Bummed you've been through so much lately. Sorry for you loss. Hope you get back on your feet soon. :icon_thumright:

Prayers and fond memories are what we have to remember our dearly departed. May the love of family and friends comfort you during these difficult days, my most heartfelt condolences.

Glad you were able to hit pause only for a moment to catch your breath and find a little something to make you smile.

AB02CCEE-3203-499B-A2A5-39BFAB85905D.jpeg

May the Lord help you through these trying times, I hope that great finds helped take your mind off things at least for awhile. Great hunt!

Nice hunt! :occasion14: I sure hope things get better for you.

My sympathy on the loss of your Father In Law. Hope you start feeling better, and are able to get out on a consistent basis again. This hobby has an amazing way of clearing our heads during tough times. Anything we find is just a bonus !

You are a bear for sure by being able to hunt so soon after a pneumonia spell,and I expect your wife had her hands full taking care of the two of you. A great start after your sick spell,but pneumonia is serious so cool it for a time. o.k.

Great Finds. So sorry about your father in law. I lost my daughter in law 2 weeks ago. Keep on digging brother!!!

Very sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and your wife. I'm also sorry to hear of your recent health problems. I hope you are back at full strength soon.
Congratulations on getting out and recovering the Silver.
I know that swinging the coil is great therapy.

Congrats on the silvers and other good finds.

Obviously this is Secondary to real life hardships but the hobby does seem to have a soothing effect on us. Sorry for your loss.

Congrats on some nice finds. It was great that you could help take care of your father in law during his last days. In the end it is really who you loved and who loved you.

Sorry to read of the sad news, let the hunting take you away from life’s reality, and hang in there...

Thanks everyone for the kind words and thoughts, it is very much appreciated.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back