Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a chance to chat with my neighbor today who is remodeling a house built in 1686...he was really nice and let me tour the house...and showed me a few things from a drawer that he's found in his yard...anyone identify the piece of wood with string? The house is pretty cool inside...19 inch plank wood floors.... couldn't be 20 inch by king's order back then...the drawer had pottery, animal bones, and I think some kind of dross? The original owner was a silversmith... he'd carved pictures of ships around the large fireplace...
I'm hoping he'll let me detect at some point....I would love to see what's in the ground there...

Thanks for viewing!

Attachments

• IMG_20230411_151726082.jpg
    IMG_20230411_151726082.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Had a chance to chat with my neighbor today who is remodeling a house built in 1686...he showed me a few things from a drawer that he's found in his yard...anyone identify the piece of wood with string? The house is pretty cool inside...19 inch plank wood... couldn't be 20 inch by king's order back then...
I'm hoping he'll let me detect at some point...

Thanks for viewing!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Depending how close your neighbour is, you surely need to start in your our yard? Maybe he will see you & get interested & if near enough you may have some old finds.
I did mention a couple finds to him...I think the yards were connected at some point...lots of roots to deal with and a ton of nails... If I find anything more that's connected to that time period I'll be texting him...hoping he'll let me dig over there...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back